P500 New Roof &Windshield

N

Nathan_Davis

Mar 17, 2019
Old Fort N.C.
Ownership

1. 500
I just ordered a roof and windshield for my p 500 the windshield is a folding 0ne that lays on the hood when down. It folds up and joins a short piece at the top.So which would be best to put on first the roof or windshield?

Reactions: rtn001
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depends on how they attach Also, which windshield and which roof? Details man....

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
It's a fold down.Ordered from utv windshields
Same one that I bought. Look at their video a couple of times before you start. Make sure that the bottom of the windshield is tight to the dash, not the hood so that you can remove the hood without too much trouble.
Their video shows a metal center support near the top. They no longer use it.

N

Nathan_Davis

Mar 17, 2019
Old Fort N.C.
Ownership

1. 500
Same one that I bought. Look at their video a couple of times before you start. Make sure that the bottom of the windshield is tight to the dash, not the hood so that you can remove the hood without too much trouble.
Their video shows a metal center support near the top. They no longer use it.
I wonder how it does with out the center support.Thanks.

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I wonder how it does with out the center support.Thanks.
Just fine. They now use a circular rubber "twist-tie" probably 3/16" in diameter to hold the 2 pieces together when in the up position. DO NOT push the whole thing through the first hole because it is a PITA to remove it when you want to fold it down. I think the metal support would get in the way when the windshield was in the open position.

N

Nathan_Davis

Mar 17, 2019
Old Fort N.C.
Ownership

1. 500
Just fine. They now use a circular rubber "twist-tie" probably 3/16" in diameter to hold the 2 pieces together when in the up position. DO NOT push the whole thing through the first hole because it is a PITA to remove it when you want to fold it down. I think the metal support would get in the way when the windshield was in the open position.
Ok thanks for the info

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!