P500 Help - Windshield Compatibility with EMP Roof

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I have a first generation EMP aluminum roof and I'm looking to replace my Moose folding windshield with a hard coat windshield.
What I need to know is which windshield, if any, will fit with my roof. I'm considering one of the following listed in descending order of MSRP, but I'm not sure if the lip at the top will fit under the EMP roof, or if there will be a gap at the top between roof and windshield - comments are appreciated, as well as rough dimensions of your windshield:

> Honda Full Poly Tip Out (HC)
> Super ATV Flip Up - Has anyone added quick disconnect on bottom unit to access under hood?
> Kolpin Full Tilt (HC) - Web write up says only for low speed use when open, is this true?
> Seizmik Versa Vent - I wonder how the air flow is?
The following photos will show a relationship of my roof to ROPS.

From top cross bar to edge of roof ~5"
WindshieldGap01

Gap from crossbar to edge of roof ~3/4" to 7/8"
WindshieldGap02

From edge of roof to Moose windshield vertex ~27-1/2"
WindshieldGap03

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
The top of the Honda full poly tip out windshield is notched to fit the Honda roof the pivot point is up high so I don't think it would hit on the EMP roof but the way its cut might be

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
The top of the Honda full poly tip out windshield is notched to fit the Honda roof the pivot point is up high so I don't think it would hit on the EMP roof but the way its cut might be
Thanks @dls1966, by looking at the pictures it does look like the top of both the Honda and Kolpin bend in rather than out. Is there any way you can get a rough measurement from crossbar to top of windshield?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!