Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Neat their semi auto looks like an AR platform - which is smart
IMG 0239

I have friends that run saigia's in competition and they usually have a lot of work done to them .. I kinda of like the compactness of the pump. They could make a semi auto that is compact. There are some open shotguns that have a rail system that allows them to carry a box of shells loaded in rotating tubes - granted it is heavy as hell

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The UTAS-15 is actually a fun gun, but I had an early Gen1 of the American version.

Here's one of my buddies using it to shoot skeet using the 8" barrel extension.

Did pretty good actually and with a full mag the weight was good for recoil.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay guys, decided on a Glock 19. Question is Gen 4 or Gen 5? Have other pistols but plan on this being a regular go to.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The UTAS-15 is actually a fun gun, but I had an early Gen1 of the American version.

Here's one of my buddies using it to shoot skeet using the 8" barrel extension.

Did pretty good actually and with a full mag the weight was good for recoil.
You are shooting blanks on your video!

Reactions: Ragnar406
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What to carry is a common argument in our family my brother on the left is using a glock 19 my 75 year old pop on the right a 32 revolver 6 shots I might add. I will take my chances with Tony and his autos any day than pops with that damn 32

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Pulled trigger on Glock 19 Gen 5. Now for a good holster an night sights.
I've got auto's, Im like your Pop, I take the revolver in a panic situation, big time! Got a 357 Mag that I wouldn't want you shooting at me with!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No doubt there is surely a tactical benefit of CC vs OC, but I do truly understand that rights that are not used, are in jeopardy of being lost and can appreciate folks that desire to exercise those rights.

-Guns in "normal" non retention holsters are grab targets of opportunity for thieves and psychopaths.
I have not looked up any type of 'stats' nor do I know if any even exist BUT ..... I really do not recall EVER hearing of a legal gun owner that was OC, being involved in situation of thieves running up and snatching weapon from holster. I just dont see that as an legitimate 'worry'. But make no mistake, if a bad guy is trying to take a gun from you, your life is surely being threatened and you DO have every right to use lethal force ...... as an LEO or civilian.

That rules out revolvers as well as Glock/XD/Sig and such.

Get something that requires a manual safety to be disengaged such as:

HK USP series, S&W M&P safety version, Beretta 92F, 3rd Gen S&W, or the 1911.

That will at least give you or others a fighting chance if you are disarmed and carry a backup that is concealed. Not everyone knows how to turn a safety off on every gun and having an intermediate step to make a gun "hot" can give you or others time to react.

As to caliber, I suggest you peruse some of DocGKRs information about handgun cartridge lethality.

Synopsis: Once you get above a penetration threshold, handgun rounds have very similar performance. No operating room surgeon can look at a wound and tell it was made by a .45 or a .38. Shot placement trumps caliber and using the more beans you have to throw at a target, the more likely you will be to stop it and generally the smaller the round the easier it will be to place accurate repeat shots on a target.
I totally disagree on the need for a safety, except for idiot. Idiots do not need guns of any type. For 32 plus years I carried without any type of safety as did hundreds of others I knew, without any problems. By removing revolvers from the list of guns you are removing THE most reliable weapon of all. Calibers surely matter. I much prefer to put 2 GOOD shots with .45 or .357 vs any 9mm or .380. You seldom hear of bad guy being shot 4-5 times with .45/.357 and living, but I have known that to happen numerous times with 9mm and less calibers.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No doubt there is surely a tactical benefit of CC vs OC, but I do truly understand that rights that are not used, are in jeopardy of being lost and can appreciate folks that desire to exercise those rights.

I have not looked up any type of 'stats' nor do I know if any even exist BUT ..... I really do not recall EVER hearing of a legal gun owner that was OC, being involved in situation of thieves running up and snatching weapon from holster. I just dont see that as an legitimate 'worry'. But make no mistake, if a bad guy is trying to take a gun from you, your life is surely being threatened and you DO have every right to use lethal force ...... as an LEO or civilian.

I totally disagree on the need for a safety, except for idiot. Idiots do not need guns of any type. For 32 plus years I carried without any type of safety as did hundreds of others I knew, without any problems. By removing revolvers from the list of guns you are removing THE most reliable weapon of all. Calibers surely matter. I much prefer to put 2 GOOD shots with .45 or .357 vs any 9mm or .380. You seldom hear of bad guy being shot 4-5 times with .45/.357 and living, but I have known that to happen numerous times with 9mm and less calibers.
I like BIG holes, the 357 Mag and the 45 ACP are my favorites, but I shoot the best with these pea shooters!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like BIG holes, the 357 Mag and the 45 ACP are my favorites, but I shoot the best with these pea shooters!
Yep, the .357 may not be the MOST powerful weapon, but it is PLENTY powerful enough and so very accurate and deadly. When it barks, someone is in trouble.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I really like a hand gun that you don't have to aim, just point and squeeze, got 3 of them, pretty neat! 22, 38 & 45. The 357 Mag Revolver is my favorite! Dead nuts!

J

JTW

Preach!! You sound like what Dad preached to me!

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is a subject that has pro's and con's on both sides. I open carry when I'm out in the woods with family or friends, but CC everywhere else. The reasons for both mind sets have been discussed in this thread over and over again.

If you're going to open carry for self defense, I don't think what you carry should be any different than if you were carrying concealed.

You want it to do the job.
You don't want it to be bulky.
You want to be SO good with it that it is merely an extension of your arm.

There are lots of great choices out there, just choose one you'd trust with your life.

* 1911 (Love my Kimber)
* Sig Cannot beat the quality. My P229 has been flawless.
* Wheel guns, I'm a Smith or Ruger guy.

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas

A little caliber war info with scientific data...

9mm Versus .45 acp

Read that forum, extremely good info on all aspects of firearms and training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!