P700 GoPro mounting

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
ok so i have the 700-4 with 5 inches of lift and 4 inch portals on 32s now and i have a ride this weekend and i cant figure out the best place tom this thing. we all know how shaky the bike is which is why im trying to stay off the roll bar. right now i i on have a flat clip peice with 3m tape which ill probably super glue it on both sides . just debating if the bottom of the roof up front . the bottom of my radio box. or the middle bottom of the roof would be
IMG 20190626 181045868
IMG 20190626 181030639
best IMG 20190626 181017665

Reactions: Mudwing
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd think the roof lip would flex and maybe be worse than the cage?

I always used the rollbar, but if I were to try something else, I'd think about one of those chest mounts (if you can see anything...which you may not), or some type of head/cap/ or helmet if you wear one. No ripples from vibes, and everyone gets to see what you see.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'd think the roof lip would flex and maybe be worse than the cage?

I always used the rollbar, but if I were to try something else, I'd think about one of those chest mounts (if you can see anything...which you may not), or some type of head/cap/ or helmet if you wear one. No ripples from vibes, and everyone gets to see what you see.
yeah i think front lip would be horrible. id have to put it back enough where the full windsheild would still go in though. i wear a hat but its my straw miller light one . lot cooler for summer time. i might end up on the bar later but i cant get a mount here in time for that this time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
yeah i think front lip would be horrible. id have to put it back enough where the full windsheild would still go in though. i wear a hat but its my straw miller light one . lot cooler for summer time. i might end up on the bar later but i cant get a mount here in time for that this time.

Hit Walmart. They got stuff for them. Or a dealer if you feel like getting raped.

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
lmao i only go to the honda dealer for my oil and filter. dont have a go pro place around here and forgot about walmart having go pro stuff. iv had this thing for like 6 yrs. hero 3. just reset and updated it last night and linked to phone so i can set up the camera angle right.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
lmao i only go to the honda dealer for my oil and filter. dont have a go pro place around here and forgot about walmart having go pro stuff. iv had this thing for like 6 yrs. hero 3. just reset and updated it last night and linked to phone so i can set up the camera angle right.

I really don't use mine much. Kinda ruins a ride tying to film it unless you have have enough memory and battery to just let it roll. And I never did.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really don't use mine much. Kinda ruins a ride tying to film it unless you have have enough memory and battery to just let it roll. And I never did.
i have 64gb card in mine and extended battery. iv never really ran out of battery before. last time i used it was snorkeling in the Caribbean. taking underwater pics and videos not really even sure on how long the batteries last.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
that and i use my phone for tunes so just a quick swipe and im recording or stopping or snapping a pic

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
well thanks for reminding me DG Rider. about the roll bar mounts at wall mart. they were on clearance. 10 bucks. now i got it strapped between my 2 speakers on middle bar.0ca7394405d3aedefeb469ac6ee31608

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
oh yeah like a champ now the true test will be saturday. and that will tell me if i i wa to upgrade the camera its i hero3. and they have a 100 off for trade in right now. that hero 7 silver is looking pretty good

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
oh yeah like a champ now the true test will be saturday. and that will tell me if i i wa to upgrade the camera its i hero3. and they have a 100 off for trade in right now. that hero 7 silver is looking pretty good
I haven't kept up with them since I got mine, so I don't really know what all they can do now. I always figured if it was in HD, that's all you could ask for...but I have seen the 360 stuff.
Don't know that I find it all that interesting myself, but I'm not the typical YouTube viewer these days.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I haven't kept up with them since I got mine, so I don't really know what all they can do now. I always figured if it was in HD, that's all you could ask for...but I have seen the 360 stuff.
Don't know that I find it all that interesting myself, but I'm not the typical YouTube viewer these days.
i stumbled across the promotion updating the camera. the 7 doesnt need a case. its waterproof without it. and has a video stabilizer built in with 4k video. with old camera you can grab one for 200 for silver 300 for the black. black you can do live videos with. thats about all i know really. 773789513fded275dcbacebca020a098D8b52ff3c174dd26cfb77e5412d59ea7

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
i stumbled across the promotion updating the camera. the 7 doesnt need a case. its waterproof without it. and has a video stabilizer built in with 4k video. with old camera you can grab one for 200 for silver 300 for the black. black you can do live videos with. thats about all i know really. View attachment 138682View attachment 138683

That all sounds pretty cool. The one thing I think sux about mine is the sound pickup even without the case. I'd hope they improved that.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
That all sounds pretty cool. The one thing I think sux about mine is the sound pickup even without the case. I'd hope they improved that.
it has a mic plug in now

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
im with dg, hd is all you need really, youtube and other places arent going to let you upload huge stuff, and peoples pc's are at best hd too. only place you could even watch 4k would be on your own tv if you had one. image stability is cool but i dont have the go pro brand and still had it for a long time, typically a software function though.

never use it anymore i got it when i rode quads and the video is pretty cool, when you are in an open area, arent very many around here and after the first couple holes it would be covered so useless anyway.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
im with dg, hd is all you need really, youtube and other places arent going to let you upload huge stuff, and peoples pc's are at best hd too. only place you could even watch 4k would be on your own tv if you had one. image stability is cool but i dont have the go pro brand and still had it for a long time, typically a software function though.

never use it anymore i got it when i rode quads and the video is pretty cool, when you are in an open area, arent very many around here and after the first couple holes it would be covered so useless anyway.
thats basically where im at seeing what todays video looks like and getting the silver 7 if its all over the place. but if it does good im keepi g this one cause its free

Reactions: jwfirebird

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!