P1000 Got a little mud on the tires..

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just around home and down to a little atv park here close.

My yard looks like a race track. Only place I have been able to ride besides the couple of miles of blacktop thru the neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

My yard looks like a race track. Only place I have been able to ride besides the couple of miles of blacktop thru the neighborhood.

Yeah.. we're pretty rural here. Lots of riding but it's mostly all private and you better know the folks. The little 2000 acre place down the way is nice to go and do the things you don't do on the closed private property. It's amazing how much we've lost since I was a kid. We actually leafy my house and took back roads and trails to the atv park.. It was probably 20 miles to get there so it made for a much better day of riding than hauling them down.

Only1PB

Only1PB

Apr 26, 2016
FL
So today I finally had the chance to put Black Betty thru the paces..

LOOKS GOOD BRO, HEY QUESTION DID YOU USE ANY PREFILTER ON THE SNORKEL? I JUST ORDERED THE STUFF OFF OF AMAZON AND GONNA GET IT STRAPPED IN NEXT WEEK
I had a chub all day! VERY pleased with the Jefferson.. (move'n on up)

Rzr 800 and a Viking trying to keep up..
View attachment 30161
View attachment 30162

The P500 made it..
View attachment 30163

Lunch view..
View attachment 30164

Time for some clean up..
View attachment 30165
View attachment 30166

View attachment 30167

So an hour later with the pressure washer...
View attachment 30168
View attachment 30169
She's now got some nicks and dings.. a few scars and many more good times ahead. I was really impressed.. Coming from the P500 it's night and day. There's just so much power when you need it and if you've got the balls to point it in a direction.. she'll go! Windshield can't get here fast enough.. my ass got wet!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

LOOKS GOOD BRO, HEY QUESTION DID YOU USE ANY PREFILTER ON THE SNORKEL? I JUST ORDERED THE STUFF OFF OF AMAZON AND GONNA GET IT STRAPPED IN NEXT WEEK @Only1PB

I did not but will.. I have two snorkel heads depending on conditions. This is the other for extreme dust situations.. IMG 1787

I do have some frogzskin coming so I can make up a prefilter for the open snorkel.
Be something like this when I'm done... they don't make one to fit our opening so I bought the material from @Hondasxs and will make a fitted frame for it to be glued between. I had bought one for a warrior riser for the p500 I had and it was just 2, 1/4 inch pieces of pvc with the material glued between.

IMG 2079

Only1PB

Only1PB

Apr 26, 2016
FL
LOOKS GOOD BRO, HEY QUESTION DID YOU USE ANY PREFILTER ON THE SNORKEL? I JUST ORDERED THE STUFF OFF OF AMAZON AND GONNA GET IT STRAPPED IN NEXT WEEK @Only1PB

I did not but will.. I have two snorkel heads depending on conditions. This is the other for extreme dust situations.. View attachment 30185

I do have some frogzskin coming so I can make up a prefilter for the open snorkel.
Be something like this when I'm done... they don't make one to fit our opening so I bought the material from @Hondasxs and will make a fitted frame for it to be glued between. I had bought one for a warrior riser for the p500 I had and it was just 2, 1/4 inch pieces of pvc with the material glued between.

View attachment 30186

THANKS

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I did not but will.. I have two snorkel heads depending on conditions. This is the other for extreme dust situations.. View attachment 30185

View attachment 30186
I drilled a small hole (x4) on the aluminum pipe and ran stiff wire in a cross shape. Then I trimmed the factory prefilter and put it on top of the wire so it doesn't get sucked down. Then covered the wire, after I bent down the wire, with the snorkel base to cover it up.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. we're pretty rural here. Lots of riding but it's mostly all private and you better know the folks. The little 2000 acre place down the way is nice to go and do the things you don't do on the closed private property. It's amazing how much we've lost since I was a kid. We actually leafy my house and took back roads and trails to the atv park.. It was probably 20 miles to get there so it made for a much better day of riding than hauling them down.

That sounds great. I don't have to go far to access a trail, but still have to trailer there. Now that the holidays are over, gonna head up to the farm (about an hour+ away) plenty of trails and ATV routes available.
Need to finish up my mods first.

J

JTW

That sounds great. I don't have to go far to access a trail, but still have to trailer there. Now that the holidays are over, gonna head up to the farm (about an hour+ away) plenty of trails and ATV routes available.
Need to finish up my mods first.

I hear ya.. I ordered my skids and a arm guards today.. I've got all my wiring to do so I'll probably cuss myself for riding yesterday!

J

JTW

Glad you got to play with it officially. It'll just keep amazing you.
Thanks.. I'm tickled, y'all didn't lead me wrong! I'm pretty particular about my stuff.. but after riding half the day I was going up stuff the p500, Viking and rzr 800 wouldn't.

J

JTW

Oh, and the popo broke down twice... once the battery died and later it got a flat tire. Saved by Honda's both times.. and this was the same guy who's rhino blew up on our brimstone trip that the Honda towed back. Needless to say he was rode harder than a $2 whore!

Reactions: Ridem32 and Corona1
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
What did you use to get your shifter letters white? Looks good. And I can see them!! I want to do mine in white.

J

JTW

What did you use to get your shifter letters white? Looks good. And I can see them!! I want to do mine in white.

I saw where @Tigermark and some others had used paint pens.. I had a silver sharpie marker laying around so I thought I'd give it a try and it worked well..
3 things though.. do it when it's warm, do it in the light and not sitting outside in the dark, and take your time. I had all three of those going against me and I need to cleanup around some edges where I was sloppy with it.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Thanks comrades

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!