BOX1

Talon Got my new 1000x and starting to wonder...

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! I’m hoping my dealer is going to come through too, but so far they don’t seem nearly as anxious to get it taken care of by this weekend as I am! I Love writing product reviews, both good and bad. The review I write on this dealership is already teetering and their response to this issue could determine which side of the fence the review lands on.
if all else fails call Justin at western Honda in AZ. They might help you with grommets at least. They are the best dealer in AZ 480-994-8400. Sorry that Ridenow is not stepping up. I have had issues with them as well.

Reactions: Tramguage1
C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m in Cincinnati as well. Took delivery of my R. This week and a hood groomer was missing, dealer didn’t have them in stock so he took one of an X on the lot and gave it to me. Not all dealers are bad!!!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My throttle smoothed out after the first break in service, it was more sensitive than my pioneer, but I was also sort of used to it owning a pioneer for the last 3 years. I did cut a flat section into some solid round aluminum stock, 1” in diameter. Than drilled and screwed it to the floor board as a place to anchor my heel to the floor. It definitely helped when running the rig really hard and fast in low range. It stoped my foot from bouncing off the floor when I hit bumps. I’ll try to post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Morris1219

Aug 27, 2019
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. Talon R
I believe we're down to 1 Red R until 2020s show up.

Have a Blue X also.

I think my next one will be a 2020 but probably 6months from it, thinking when the 2021’s get released and the 2020’s go on sale lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

I’m in Cincinnati as well. Took delivery of my R. This week and a hood groomer was missing, dealer didn’t have them in stock so he took one of an X on the lot and gave it to me. Not all dealers are bad!!!

Mind asking where you purchased your unit from?

NemoDeven

NemoDeven

Jul 24, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My dealer just took one gromet off one of their other talons since I was missing the right front gromet. The rear grommets are the most important.

CLS

CLS

Aug 26, 2018
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so I live in WA and took delivery of a new 2019 Talon 1000X in Blue purchased from RideNow in Chandler AZ. Even though I’ve not yet gotten the chance to drive it except for up and down the street a few times. I’m thrilled with the Talon, however I’ve already found a missing hood mount grommet and one of the tail light mount grommets missing which allowed the tail light to flop around and most likely would fall out with much aggressive riding. I have a 3 day ride planned for this weekend and had to go to the hardware stores and search for something that would work to keep the hood from rattling and the tail light from falling out. Not very happy. I called RideNow and spoke to the salesman who has to run the idea of sending me $2.00 worth of grommets all the way up the management chain. Pretty much blows me away as if I was trying to con them out of two rubber grommets when I just bought a $20,000 machine from them site unseen!
I haven’t even mentioned the spider that was stowed away in the Talon that bit me on the arm and has my arm swollen to the point they put me on antibiotics!! lol

Beyond those things, the overly sensitive throttle tip-in Is a real deal and will take a learning curve to drive smoothly. First test fit into the toy-hauler was a nerve racking event with spinning wheels on the ramp and white knuckles on the wheel!

Hopefully whoever forgot to install the grommets wasn’t in charge of installing anything more critical!!

The Chandler shop of that franchise is notoriously bad. I doubt you will get any satisfaction.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
THE PIONEER 500 THROTTLEMAX WORKS PERFECTLY ON THE TALON ! I PULLED MINE OFF THE P5 AND PUT IT ON ! A FRIEND ORDERED A P5 ONE IN RED TO MATCH HER TALON .
LOCAL DEALER (STAR ISLAND MOTOR SPORTS) GOES OVER THEM . A FRIEND PICKED UP HIS 202O LAST WEEK AND THE HOOD HAD A BLEMISH AND THE STEERING WHEEL CENTER WAS MISSING . WHEN HE ARRIVED TO PICK IT UP THEY INFORMED HIM AND TOLD HIM THEY HAD ALREADY ORDERED THEM FROM HONDA . I WOULD RAISE HELL WITH RIDE NOW .
REALLY , I WOULD CALL EVERYDAY AND IF YOU DONT GET HELP CALL THE HONDA HELP LINE .
I ALSO HAVE ANOTHER FRIEND WHO PUT A T H I C K PEACE OF FOAM RUBBER UNDER HER GAS PEDAL AND THAT SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR FREE AS SHE ALREADY HAD THE FOAM SHE FOUND OUT ON A TRAIL .

Last edited:
Reactions: Montecresto
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!