P1000m5 Got to take a lap in the new deluxe 1000 p5

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
definitely, but I am curious as to how large will fit. the roll cage in the back, at the bottom of the p5 looks like it will interfere. But it is very hard to gauge considering im so used to seeing 25" stock and these are 27". ill definitely be interested to see what we can squeeze under it. My guess would be 30" comfortably, but I don't know about larger.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@onlyhonda Thank you for taking the time and writing this up for us!

Reactions: JACKAL and Hondasxs
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
onlyhonda, thank you very much for the posts. Just over a month away from getting mine and it's just music to my ears hearing a first hand report covering the very machine I will be driving. Sounds just fantastic.

Reactions: JACKAL
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So today we drove about 4 hours to Top Trails in Talledega Al for a test of the new 1000 p5 deluxe. Video didn't work out for me but I did snag a few pic I'll try to load soon. Here is the short of it:
It is a beast
65mph top speed with 4 dudes shoved in it
Size very close to 700
Sport mode is VERY noticeable differnce
Low range is legit
Fit and trim are excellent
Terrain type was rocky sandy hills some very steep, crawled it in 2wd with ease.
Suspension was awesome
Power steering was amazing.
If I missed anything feel free to ask. Unfortunately we didn't get to ride to the extent that we did with the 500s but I wanted to share what I saw with all the excitement and lack of info at this point.
I just sat in a 700-4 for the first time. I know that the size specs have both the 1000 and 700 very close. Are the rear seats the same size or any larger in the 1000? My immediate impression was that I would find a way to add seat height in the rear to add leg room. Plenty of head room to do it.

tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
I sure hope it will still suck you back in the seat after losing 5hp :( or was the machine he test road already set at the 72 hp just thinking LOL
I doubt anything changed since they would have already ordered all the parts to start production and there wouldn't be time to change anything at this point. Probably just a paperwork problem.

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
I doubt anything changed since they would have already ordered all the parts to start production and there wouldn't be time to change anything at this point. Probably just a paperwork problem.
That's what I would also assume. It almost looks like it may have been a type o. The numbers look like they were flip flopped

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Probably the only change between 72 HP, 77HP or 85HP is ECM programming. I have personally seen 200HP gains in a 6.7L V8 Diesel in a 5 min re-flash. I'm sure 1/10th of that (20 HP) is possible in a 1.0L P1K gas engine.

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
Probably the only change between 72 HP, 77HP or 85HP is ECM programming. I have personally seen 200HP gains in a 6.7L V8 Diesel in a 5 min re-flash. I'm sure 1/10th of that (20 HP) is possible in a 1.0L P1K gas engine.
Good point my h&s programmer almost does that very same thing

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good point my h&s programmer almost does that very same thing

Yesiree, modern technology is wonderful when it works and the DPF is cashed in for scrap, heck the platinum in it (DPF) almost pays for all the other goodies to can it.

You gotta know if they can bypass these $5000 ECM computers in Chevy / Dodge / Ford's why don't they do it in the recreational machines? Other than off road crowds would be unlikely to spend $900 on a programmer for a $10K machine :D. But if I could get 30HP out of a programmer (On a P1K) and 15 minutes of my time I would do it in a heart beat.

Reactions: Duramax
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
Yesiree, modern technology is wonderful when it works and the DPF is cashed in for scrap, heck the platinum in it (DPF) almost pays for all the other goodies to can it.

You gotta know if they can bypass these $5000 ECM computers in Chevy / Dodge / Ford's why don't they do it in the recreational machines? Other than off road crowds would be unlikely to spend $900 on a programmer for a $10K machine :D. But if I could get 30HP out of a programmer (On a P1K) and 15 minutes of my time I would do it in a heart beat.
I agree I have flopro and zero dpf issues :)

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Those huge gains that come from programming are almost always on forced induction engines. Tuners usually won't make big changes for N/A engines.

But, I still agree that a tuner should get the P1000 ~5 more HP.

Reactions: tig
tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
Those huge gains that come from programming are almost always on forced induction engines. Tuners usually won't make big changes for N/A engines.

But, I still agree that a tuner should get the P1000 ~5 more HP.
Bingo. Turbos make all the difference. All it takes is adding some more fuel and turning the boost up. I had a +140 horse tune for my Dmax with +240 possible with a lift pump, only problem then was the fear of turning the clutches in the Ally into black trans fluid haha.

Even 5hp might be a stretch given the fact that all these new machines have complicated emissions systems on them that already adjusts the fueling to be ideal so without pulling the Cat and O2 sensor and whatever else these things have now you might not get much.

Hard to say until one of us gets one though!

Reactions: Hondasxs
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
As a consumer who wants maximum fun factor I wish Honda had a "test" mode like VW allegedly has.

Volkswagen Emissions Cheat Exploited 'Test Mode'
Haha yes VW had it figured out. The company will have a hard time recovering from this. I personally think California should become its own country and just leave the rest of the united states alone it would benefit everyone . VW should just stop making cars for the united states for a few years then more people will start to see what California really does for the county!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Haha yes VW had it figured out. The company will have a hard time recovering from this. I personally think California should become its own country and just leave the rest of the united states alone it would benefit everyone . VW should just stop making cars for the united states for a few years then more people will start to see what California really does for the county!

With a proper earthquake it just might. Only problem is there would be more people affected than just the lawyers, politicians, and huggers than got them to where they are today.

Reactions: Duramax

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!