Multi Grandson ready for the next step

J

JTW

Wow! I mean...wow!
What did the 570 do that would make you choose a 500? Must have been traumatic to get you to say that.

570 RZR's will do like 60. And again, 50" machine = not the most stable thing. As @JTW said, you might as well buy a P500 at that point. At least it won't break. A midsize ranger could be an option?

It's really depends on the kid. At 8, I probably would have been fine in a 500, yet I know people who are in their 40's who shouldn't be around sharp objects, let alone mechanized off road things.
I had to follow the old men in front of me about 5 miles up the pass. OH MY GOD!! 2mph!!!! And they were clueless.... get the f*** out of the way! But as I followed I noticed how little travel and GC it had. It was crazy!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had to follow the old men in front of me about 5 miles up the pass. OH MY GOD!! 2mph!!!! And they were clueless.... get the f*** out of the way! But as I followed I noticed how little travel and GC it had. It was crazy!
Don't they have more travel than a p500? They are low slung, though. Not much break over.
Yeah... there’s the answer
That's 3 for the Ace. Think we have a winner! @Mudder has one.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Looks like my grandson is ready for the next step. I has out grown the RZR170's capabilities. What you guys think next machine should be?
Find a good deal on an used ACE, goes anywhere an ATV can and has good roll cage. Although they can do 60 in high range, the low range is good under 25 and for trail riding. 10.25 ground clearance on stock 25s. Go 2017 or newer for better LCD dash display and improved location for voltage regulator. I prefer it over the P500 if not needing 2 person riding, smoother and acceleration power up hills.
Mudder’s Polaris ACE 570

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
the newer ones also did away with the macpherson strut i think.
That’s correct. Some go dirt cheap as adults move up to a bigger machine. Got mine 60% of value, 53 miles. Would buy it again. Only problem was a freak no start due to a blown fuse on the headlight circuit, twist socket bulb came out on rocky riding and shorted, new fuse and back on trail, taped the bulb socket for extra measure. Just passed 1 year ownership. The ACE is discontinued, replaced by the RS 1.

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
FB IMG 1575235875734 FB IMG 1575236258204

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
is the 170 stock? if so they sell a kit thats easy to put on it to make it taller with larger tires and rear sprocket. my buddies daughter had it on hers she drove it till she was 15 and she was short but not exactly small. you wouldnt believe the difference that kit made

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
is the 170 stock? if so they sell a kit thats easy to put on it to make it taller with larger tires and rear sprocket. my buddies daughter had it on hers she drove it till she was 15 and she was short but not exactly small. you wouldnt believe the difference that kit made

Other than tires its stock. I have plenty more kids in line that can lean on it as it is. I just need a 4wd machine between the 170 and my Talon.
I have been looking at shock mods.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
give it a little more umph. but id go with 570 ranger or the old 500 ranger the ace is nice but everyone is talking about 50inch width not realizing how narrow the 170 is. plus on top of that the rangers are slower than the rzrs and ace. also i cant remember if the shift pattern is in line but you could screw a stopper onto the 570 making it have park reverse neutral and low. depending on the model that is some dont have park.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!