Multi Grandson ready for the next step

S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like my grandson is ready for the next step. I has out grown the RZR170's capabilities. What you guys think next machine should be?
Looks like you have received a lot of bad responses. RZR 570 is the way I went with my kids if you want a SXS. We had the RZR 170 as well. 570 is small, I put 4 point harnesses in because they are relatively fast. 4x4, will go just about anywhere and a reliable setup. 4 wheelers have a lot of options, not a lot of good youth options. Most won't keep up on the trails and will barely go through deep sugar sand. One exception that I have found and bought Arctic Cat 150, awesome little machine. Makes all the little 90 and 110 machines seem like battery powered toys. Just my opinion. BTW, I know Honda makes a lot of great machines, just not in this category IMHO>. I had a Pioneer 1000-5 Delux for 3 months and since then have been using a RZR 900-4, climbed mountain, gone through mud holes, been on race tracks, etc. Since 2017, no problems. Pioneer was quieter and good in the winter; Can't ride it in the Summer(due to heat from engine), Clutch pack went out, Over heated in National Forest in 80 degree weather. Kids were crying in the back seat because seats are over shocks(kids wrestle and play tackle football, MLB/FB). Will take me a while to trust Talon. I also put offset rims and spacers on 570 to make it 56" wide.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like you have received a lot of bad responses. RZR 570 is the way I went with my kids if you want a SXS. We had the RZR 170 as well. 570 is small, I put 4 point harnesses in because they are relatively fast. 4x4, will go just about anywhere and a reliable setup. 4 wheelers have a lot of options, not a lot of good youth options. Most won't keep up on the trails and will barely go through deep sugar sand. One exception that I have found and bought Arctic Cat 150, awesome little machine. Makes all the little 90 and 110 machines seem like battery powered toys. Just my opinion. BTW, I know Honda makes a lot of great machines, just not in this category IMHO>. I had a Pioneer 1000-5 Delux for 3 months and since then have been using a RZR 900-4, climbed mountain, gone through mud holes, been on race tracks, etc. Since 2017, no problems. Pioneer was quieter and good in the winter; Can't ride it in the Summer(due to heat from engine), Clutch pack went out, Over heated in National Forest in 80 degree weather. Kids were crying in the back seat because seats are over shocks(kids wrestle and play tackle football, MLB/FB). Will take me a while to trust Talon. I also put offset rims and spacers on 570 to make it 56" wide.
The shocks aren't the best on the 16 P1-5 for sure. Honda will take care of the clutch packs and new rear oil thing that put's more oil on the clutches for free if it's in a certain time frame, think time is running out pretty quick on the 16's, get it in quick! For the heat, I resisted a fan and tried every thing else, the Honda heat shield ( Honda free upgrade ) , reflective insulation, I bought and installed my self. Finally gave in and put a fan with toggle switch, blowing back across headers, very tolerable in the summer and have heat in the winter. Happy trails!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!