Calendar Group ride Mulberry Mountian [Feb 7, 2019] (Mulberry mountain lodge)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No problem, there is a map of the area on Maplets as well that you can download - cant remember if it cost anything... You all get a lot of rain this past week? my grandparents lived close to you in Bogalusa.
How did your Grandparents fare?

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did your Grandparents fare?
The faired well up nail they were called back. Grandfather owned a furniture store in bogalusa, he passed several years before Katrina destroyed the building. I practically grew up there in that store in the summers

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bogalusa ..... better known as 'stinky city' ...... due to the paper mill.
Yea boy - we always knew we were close when we started smelling it. I am not sure if it is still going or not. That was a messed up little town in a lot of ways.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea boy - we always knew we were close when we started smelling it. I am not sure if it is still going or not. That was a messed up little town in a lot of ways.
Oh yeah, it is still going. A lot has been done environmentally to lessen the smell. I lived nearly an hour away, 50 yrs ago we could smell it from our home, when the wind was right. Now, you have to be nearly in town.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yeah, it is still going. A lot has been done environmentally to lessen the smell. I lived nearly an hour away, 50 yrs ago we could smell it from our home, when the wind was right. Now, you have to be nearly in town.
Yea, my grandfathers store was right across the street from it on the main street.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There use to be a cafe on that street, we ate at a few times.
I think there were two cafe’s at one point one I think might have be Graham’s. I know there was a place called Glynn’s that had the absolute best Poboys

Hello Adam490, do you have a date in mind to ride at Mulberry? If you post a date some other folks are likely to meet you if you would like to. I just need someone to post a specific date and I may be able to plan for it.

Chris
I would recommend if someone wants to start another ride that they start a new thread with the new date - seeing this one was for the February Ride - that way I think you’ll attract additional people

Reactions: JTW and Razorback
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Thanks everyone. Still trying to line some things up, probably September for a ride at either RRB or one of the AR areas.

@Ragnar406 - small world haha! Rained pretty good here Sunday, but pretty much a non-event for us a far as Barry goes. I live about 10 minutes south of Folsom.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think there were two cafe’s at one point one I think might have be Graham’s. I know there was a place called Glynn’s that had the absolute best Poboys

I would recommend if someone wants to start another ride that they start a new thread with the new date - seeing this one was for the February Ride - that way I think you’ll attract additional people
Grahams, that was it.

Reactions: Ragnar406

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!