BOX1

P500 Gun Boot??

K

Kgin504

Sep 16, 2015
Has anyone seen a single mount gun boot narrow enough for the p500? I am looking to mount something diagonally across the rollbar behind the seat...my lease has DUSTY roads and my gun gets to dirty for my liking so the overhead gun rack is a no go.

What are you hunters doing to secure your rifles/bows...HELP?

Reactions: Buryit
Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
I have been just keeping mine in a case on passenger side until I get to stand. Haven't seen one to my liking but am picky as hell about my weapons getting banged up.

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone seen a single mount gun boot narrow enough for the p500? I am looking to mount something diagonally across the rollbar behind the seat...my lease has DUSTY roads and my gun gets to dirty for my liking so the overhead gun rack is a no go.

I use a Kolpin hard case and have used it two ways,
1) Secured with NRS tension straps to the roll cage resting on top of the tool box I mounted on the rack.
2) For really narrow trails I used the same straps to secure it to the top of the roll cage.

The Kolpin boots are my go to for travel here in Alaska I have used them strapped to the wing struts of airplanes strapped on atv's, on Zodiacs and other rafts, and in my truck and they have offered good protection all the time. ImageImage

Reactions: Dp5hunter
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Here is mine. It is off an atv but I didn't use all the parts. It's nice.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
I just made this out of materials on hand. They are adjustable to fit any length/type of gun. I use a cloth gun "sock" to give dust protection and so it fits in the cradle. I'm sure there are guys out there with better ideas but this works well for me and feels good to be homemade. The dash mount works well too. It is secured through the dash with washers and nuts so it can pivot to vertical and give more knee clearance when not needed. The two clamps on the back bar are made of 3 inch long, 2 OD inch pipe cut vertically and secured with hose clamps. Easily adjusted. I'm 5'10" with a hunting cap. With the seat belt, I cannot bang my head on the gun or mount. About 5 inches of head clearance. No issue with a roof. Hope this helps...

IMG 3389 IMG 3393

Last edited:
Reactions: SXSHP500CO
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
What is the brand of that case and where did you find it? I saw another hunter using one but I have not been able to find it.
Mad dog is the brand,bought from cabelas closeout sale. Pretty much stole it for $30 5 years ago. Koplin has one for an atv that looks like it will work for a utv that costs$60 from cabelas.You might have to drill a hole in the mount and bolt down a rubber mat first to put it where u want it.

L

lil_country

Feb 7, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Mad dog is the brand,bought from cabelas closeout sale. Pretty much stole it for $30 5 years ago. Koplin has one for an atv that looks like it will work for a utv that costs$60 from cabelas.You might have to drill a hole in the mount and bolt down a rubber mat first to put it where u want it.
I guess Cabelas don't sell it anymore. I couldn't find it on their site. I think I would like it better than the Kolpin hard cases.

Reactions: 500oneer
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 0880
What is the brand of that case and where did you find it? I saw another hunter using one but I have not been able to find it.
Took a pic of the Kolpin gun case box, it worked really well on the platform I made, it's easy to get to and complies with Colorado Laws.

Reactions: trigger
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
Colorado laws??
Yeah, in Colorado while deer or elk hunting and you are riding in or driving a atv or utv the rifle(s) must be transported in a completely enclosed hard or soft case with no ammunition loaded in the magazine or chambers. And they enforce it pretty strictly. If you are in a motor vehicle the rifle doesn't have to be in any type case and can have ammo in the magazine.

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Hmm. No such thing up here. Then again we have no magazine limits on hunting rifles or anything else either! Lol

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 58447
Took a pic of the Kolpin gun case box, it worked really well on the platform I made, it's easy to get to and complies with Colorado Laws.
What is the width of the thickest part of this boot? I asked Koplin a while back and they would only tell me what the whole unit would be with the brackets and everything. All I am wanting is the boot as my space is limited...so if it fits...I would make my own bracket for it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!