P1000 Gun Mounts

TexasHeat

TexasHeat

Jan 28, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have both overhead and floor mounted. Problem for me is my head hits the overhead gun racks with rifles in them so I had to take them out. The floor mounted/detachable is a much better option for me. The biggest issue is the floor is just a plastic piece and when you put your guns in the holder it will bend and distort the plastic. To rectify the issue I pulled the plastic center piece out and added on the bottom side an aluminum plate 1/4 inch thick and bolted thru mounting plate, plastic floor board and they The aluminum plate. This helped stiffen and also steady the guns when attached.

Reactions: X4Dice
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the same one I have. Works ok. The only issue is the front holder is a little close to the mirror. Just have to be easy putting the gun in.

Griff
True, same here.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have both overhead and floor mounted. Problem for me is my head hits the overhead gun racks with rifles in them so I had to take them out. The floor mounted/detachable is a much better option for me. The biggest issue is the floor is just a plastic piece and when you put your guns in the holder it will bend and distort the plastic. To rectify the issue I pulled the plastic center piece out and added on the bottom side an aluminum plate 1/4 inch thick and bolted thru mounting plate, plastic floor board and they The aluminum plate. This helped stiffen and also the bottom mounting plate of the
I havent hit my head (yet) and I'm 6'3". When hunting, I almost always have two and sometimes three in the front seat. I couldn't find a floor mount that didnt take up too much floor space.

The overhead mount was a compromise in accessibility/out of the passengers way for me.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are people using for rifle mounts in your 1000? I would like a floor mount but roof seems nice too.
I use Kolpin's In-Cab Vertical Floor Mounted 2-Gun Universal Gun Rack Model#20073. I bird hunt and it holds 2 shotguns at the ready. It is solidly built adjustable. I mounted it on the floor in front of the middle seat.

Reactions: BWAF
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I really like Cabela's double gun case. One gun goes in from each side. They stay clean, well protected and are easy to unzip and go.

Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here in Colorado we used to be able to open carry on our ATV's, but now, anytime you have your rifle located on your ATV and your driving from point A to point B, your rifle must be in a gun case and unloaded. How many other states have this law?
We have that regulation here in New Brunswick,Canada but a Gun Sock meets the letter of the law and I use that with my guns in Kolpins In-Cab gun rack---gun can be ready in a few seconds.

Reactions: BWAF
Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190223 074901
20190223 074820

Above are photos of my In-Cab gun rack.

Last edited:
Reactions: X4Dice
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!