Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does anyone else have a problem shifting there 700? It seems to me it's a little tough to shift in and out of gear.I thought it was because it was new so didn't ready worry about it. Now it has over 100 miles and still not a smooth easy. Making sure it's not moving, on a tilt and emergency brake set or not . Has anyone adjusted the linkage on theres?
Thanks,Mike

Reactions: AndrewsSeed
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does anyone else have a problem shifting there 700? It seems to me it's a little tough to shift in and out of gear.I thought it was because it was new so didn't ready worry about it. Now it has over 100 miles and still not a smooth easy. Making sure it's not moving, on a tilt and emergency brake set or not . Has anyone adjusted the linkage on theres?
Thanks,Mike
Check out this thread-

gear selection lever | The Honda Side by Side Club!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Spraying lube seems to help a bit. Open the hood and look up underneath toward the dash. You wil see two linkages, one for the gear shift (D,N,R) and the other for drive mode (2wd, 4wd, 4wDL). Simply spray lube on any moving parts on the linkage. I can try to get a picture later today if you need one

Reactions: HappyHonda
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I too started a thread about this. Since then I've noticed: You can crank the vehicle in gear if your foot is on the brake. After I do this: it is REALLY difficult to shift. Mine shifts a little more freely if I crank it in neutral.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
It will loosen up over time,alot of other owners experienced this,including myself.about 500miles

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
It shifts a lot better while it is rolling/coasting to a stop. I know I know, it's bad to do that because you could slip and land in opposite gear but it's a habit that formed from things feeling like they were going to break. It feels like the gears inside just don't want to disengage when it's not rolling.

Reactions: swsebek
roadturtle59

roadturtle59

Dec 4, 2015
So does spraying silicon on it work? If so, can you tell me exactly where it needs sprayed? I've had my 700 for over 2 years now and it has always been hard to shift.
Yes it fixed mine. Spray the linkage heavily

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
i have found that changing engine oil to hp4s makes a huge difference

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Thanks,Mike
make sure your idle is set properly that can def cause hard shifting!!

advertisement