P1000 Harness bar

S

Scuba0331

Jul 17, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for all that replied with some great ideas! We recently had a Fab shop open up in my town and the guys there do a ton of off-roading with their kids. I'm sure they can add to the solutions already offered. Thank you!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anybody run a center Harness that would be used for a kid?
I dont think this would work for a small child. I think you would have to add a headrest to this bar to keep a small passenger from hitting there head. If your talking forward facing carseat, this would be a great spot to tether the top of the seat.

So far I have kept the Seat belt for the middle and the passenger side since my 8 year old sits in both spots (depending on if wife is riding along) I have taken a pool noodle, split it and I wrap the Harness bar with it above him & he will wear a helmet. I do want to look into a harness that will fit him.

Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you guys for all of the feed back! We will be providing a 12" Piece of foam pipe insulation that will fit the diameter of the tube on the harness bars for the center seat. That way youll have the option of using it to pad the center section. The Driver and Passenger side of the bar doesn't stick out passed the back or head rest.

:)

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you guys for all of the feed back! We will be providing a 12" Piece of foam pipe insulation that will fit the diameter of the tube on the harness bars for the center seat. That way youll have the option of using it to pad the center section. The Driver and Passenger side of the bar doesn't stick out passed the back or head rest.

Why not make a center headrest mount that is lower an option for buyers?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Good for you Moses!

Reactions: Eltobgi and BWAF
Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
READY FOR POWDER COAT! :)
IMG 1438

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes Its BCF-10- at check out for 10% Off
@Moses, Can you look into supplying longer hardware holding the clamps together? Maybe switch from SS to zinc plated steel?
I barely had a single thread engagement when I installed mine. I swapped the 8 screws out for 1/4"-20x3/4" zinc plated socket head cap screws. I was not comfortable using the screws supplied.

Reactions: sharp
Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Moses, Can you look into supplying longer hardware holding the clamps together? Maybe switch from SS to zinc plated steel?
I barely had a single thread engagement when I installed mine. I swapped the 8 screws out for 1/4"-20x3/4" zinc plated socket head cap screws. I was not comfortable using the screws supplied.
will do thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: sharp and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!