urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We re getting down to the wire here. Planning to head to Rockhouse this Saturday, 10/14. Let me know if you want to meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put 75 miles on the p1k5 on the Rockhouse system yesterday. Me and my wife and a buddy and his wife in his RZR. We had a great time.

I saw quite a few P1k5s on the trail. Saw one 700.

Went from the Man, WV trailhead to Gilbert, then to the Hatfield cemetery, back to the trailhead. We ran mostly green and blue trails with the exception of two black trails. We ran trail 40 up past the rock formations. There was a lot of loose rock on an uphill and downhill section. No problem in low range and 4x4. Then we tried trail 32. This one had a pretty hairy section, a little steep with some rocky stair steps, and side land spots. I'm running the stock blackstone tires. These tires are no good in the rocks. I don't have skid plates or a-arm guards. I need some! I had to winch twice to get up over a couple places. Lacking in ground clearance and the tires for rocks, I took a couple pretty good hits on the frame. I needed a little more ground clearance and a better tire and I wouldn't have had any trouble at all. I wish pictures would have done my situation on this trail justice..... it was a blast and I won't rest until I make it up that without winching.

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rockhouse black trail 32 73ece35bec15f69b55822b77b7b1d1704d25e6ebf0b8c55f7f5ef96a83ea8015

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Asheboro. I’m about 20 minutes away. I’m brand new to all this. Picked up my 1000-5 last Friday and hit Uwharrie on Sunday. My and the family had a blast.

Asheboro? Sweet, that just about there. Hit the Eldorado post for some fried chicken and you're set.
You should also try Brown Mountain.
You would think Western NC would have more public trails. Definitely try to get to the take over in April , the trails there are awesome. You can ride for days

Reactions: sharp
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
@Doogy

Any plans to go back to Uhwarrie? I just got a new ride and plan on going next week. PM me if you have plans to head there soon

Downs807

Downs807

Sep 3, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Few questions.
1. Do you have to wear a helmet riding at Hatfield trails?
2. Do they check coolers and not allow you in if you have say some cold beverages?

D

Doogy

Sep 10, 2017
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Asheboro? Sweet, that just about there. Hit the Eldorado post for some fried chicken and you're set.
You should also try Brown Mountain.
You would think Western NC would have more public trails. Definitely try to get to the take over in April , the trails there are awesome. You can ride for days
Definitely going to try to make the takeover. I made it back to Uwharrie last weekend but couldn't get out this weekend.

D

Doogy

Sep 10, 2017
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Doogy

Any plans to go back to Uhwarrie? I just got a new ride and plan on going next week. PM me if you have plans to head there soon
During the week is really hard for me. The kids have ball on the weekends right now, so it's sorta last minute when I get to go. I will try to give you a heads up before we head out next time. I'd love to go out with some fellow riders.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ill PM you my cell. Just text me when you think you're headed that way.

J

Johnny787

Jul 28, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
next time yall go PM me also. I'm in NC.

Reactions: sharp
R

Rancher4wd

Jun 9, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know this is a old post, but where on the trail system can you see the old coke ovens? I like finding points of interest to stop at when riding trails and old coal history stuff is neat to find.

Reactions: Buggyman
R

Ronbow411

Mar 15, 2022
Summerdale,Ala
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I rode the Hatfield-Mcoy 18 years ago on my Foreman 450 what a trail system from mild to serious pucker factor wild,Im older an a SxS is more my foray a must do for offroad peeps says Ronbow

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!