Calendar Hatfield Mccoy Trails [Jul 18, 2018] (Northfork, WV)

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My kids are 11 and 3. I called HM to check on the cost of the pass and they also informed me that they don't allow car seats or booster seats. Basically they will enforce whatever the owners manual states for passenger requirements. I'm not sure how strict they are, but I know the trailhead is not staffed. Just FYI.
My 6yr olds could ride without car seats however id rather have them in one for the 5pt harness. My 3yr old needs to be in one. Also not a fan of having to pay $50 each for them to ride once a year up there.

Pretty sure the Pioneer doesn't have an age requirement for passengers, so not sure how they can state they must meet an age requirement.

PLA-Products

PLA-Products

Lifetime Member
Mar 8, 2018
Northern VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 6yr olds could ride without car seats however id rather have them in one for the 5pt harness. My 3yr old needs to be in one. Also not a fan of having to pay $50 each for them to ride once a year up there.

Pretty sure the Pioneer doesn't have an age requirement for passengers, so not sure how they can state they must meet an age requirement.
Yeah, I had called to see if I had to pay for my 3yr old, that's when they informed me about the car seat. I did find a seat belt harness pad for small children on Amazon that I think will work well.

The manual for the Pioneer doesn't state any age restrictions, but it does state that all passengers feet should be able to be placed flat on the floor.

Reactions: BWAF and Chooglin
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, I had called to see if I had to pay for my 3yr old, that's when they informed me about the car seat. I did find a seat belt harness pad for small children on Amazon that I think will work well.

The manual for the Pioneer doesn't state any age restrictions, but it does state that all passengers feet should be able to be placed flat on the floor.
Join this forum Hatfield-McCoy Trails Community and I think you might get some good opinions on what is and isn't enforced.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4440
50 bucks is ridiculous and no car seats, What the hell They think we bought a four seater for? Our mother in laws?? I understand some folks ride one place all the time. But most folks I talk to on the trails are like my family. We get one big ride a month and want to try new places each time.Hell it takes me 3 weeks for the bleeding to stop from the costs alone.Four seaters shouldn't get cracked so hard.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
View attachment 76616 50 bucks is ridiculous and no car seats, What the hell They think we bought a four seater for? Our mother in laws?? I understand some folks ride one place all the time. But most folks I talk to on the trails are like my family. We get one big ride a month and want to try new places each time.Hell it takes me 3 weeks for the bleeding to stop from the costs alone.Four seaters shouldn't get cracked so hard.
I mostly agree but it a nice trail system and I have no young children. My biggest issue is no night riding. Now if you know the outlaw trails there are no rules or permits needed and plenty of trails. I done the outlaws but I was people familiar with the trails.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
There is a small group of us that will be going down to Ashland Resort to ride the Hatfield Mcoy Trails (arriving 7-18-18 and leaving 7-22-18). Anyone who wants to join us is welcome !

Ashland Resort Index :: Atv Resort

Permits Hatfield & McCoy ATV & UTV Trails - ATV Trail Riding Trails Heaven

Be sure to read the section "driving directions to Ashland resort" if you will be hauling a trailer ! Guest Info :: Atv Resort

Hatfield & McCoy ATV & UTV Trails - ATV Trail Riding Trails Heaven

We have lots 53 and 88 reserved for these dates.

View attachment 64427

If interested RSVP by clicking below!

[RSVP=12535]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

Cavediver - 2
Chooglin - 4 - Wife , Me , Daughter and S.I.L.
Choogsbro - 2 - Me and my hot smokin wife.
jay_man81 - 1 - My wife and kids will most likly be going but not riding with us but putting around in the 1000-5. I'll have the P5 .
PLA-Products - 6 - Me, wife, 2 kids, 2 friends
swsebek - 4 - Wife and 2 kids
TimG - 2 - it will be my wife and I

Total: 21
I think we're going there in september with a group @jak9922 is putting together if im not mistaken. Will you be going then also?

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Flat on the floor? I know adults that cant put feet flat on the floor haha

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Choogsbro ,you have been to Ashland before?
Is there anywhere nearby to wash off the mud?

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Have you heard from them yet ?

Just called them. NO wash station for machines. they have a wash station for you to clean grille/radiator and head lights only. She did say they have locals that you can pay to have them washed.

On another note check in is at 4 pm unless your lot is empty. My lot and your lot have people on them that will be checking out the day we arrive. Hopefully they leave early. Check-out is at 11 am but she says that doesn't always happen.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 76618
I mostly agree but it a nice trail system and I have no young children. My biggest issue is no night riding. Now if you know the outlaw trails there are no rules or permits needed and plenty of trails. I done the outlaws but I was people familiar with the trails.
Are the Outlaw trails totally separate from H/M, or are they intertwined ?

Reactions: BWAF
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
When I rode the outlaw trails I was with a large group and being guided by JBS. I don't recall ever seeing any HM signs so I would say we were never on HM trails although there maybe some that are intertwined. If you go to Hotrodforums.net there is a lot of members that ride mostly outlaw trails and they would give you better info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!