P1000m5 Hatfield McCoy trails

harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
Me and my family are headed to Logan, WV next week! My son is out on winter break from school. This is our first time riding there. Any recommendations, pointers, or general information to keep in mind from anyone who has experience riding there before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Me and my family are headed to Logan, WV next week! My son is out on winter break from school. This is our first time riding there. Any recommendations, pointers, or general information to keep in mind from anyone who has experience riding there before?

We're headed there sometime this spring.. I look forward to your comments and impression!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes,
Will you be riding the Outlaw trails or actual Hatfield trails?
Either way, find a GPS or download a tracking app in your phone ASAP.
Turn it on NOW and figure out how it works. Make it track you to work and back so you can learn its functions.

If you have android, See this link. OruxMap's - My GPS Replacement!
sorry, I can help you with iPhone. but there are ones that work the same.

If riding the Hatfields, there are several places to find maps online.
I use this one - Appalachia ORV GPS Map - VVMapping.com Look for free maps.
Print them in color and find someone to laminate them. Print second copy and store somewhere in a bag just in case.

As you can tell, I have been lost and would have run out of gas if it wasn't for some passing riders with some to spare.
Never again. And now I help every rider I can who needs directions or gas. Please do the same if you encounter while there.

Lastly,
We want pictures!

harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
Yes,
Will you be riding the Outlaw trails or actual Hatfield trails?
Either way, find a GPS or download a tracking app in your phone ASAP.
Turn it on NOW and figure out how it works. Make it track you to work and back so you can learn its functions.

If you have android, See this link. OruxMap's - My GPS Replacement!
sorry, I can help you with iPhone. but there are ones that work the same.

If riding the Hatfields, there are several places to find maps online.
I use this one - Appalachia ORV GPS Map - VVMapping.com Look for free maps.
Print them in color and find someone to laminate them. Print second copy and store somewhere in a bag just in case.

As you can tell, I have been lost and would have run out of gas if it wasn't for some passing riders with some to spare.
Never again. And now I help every rider I can who needs directions or gas. Please do the same if you encounter while there.

Lastly,
We want pictures!

We'll be riding HM trails bearwallow is the closest one to where we will be staying (about 10 mi.)

Thank you for the advice! I be sure to get some pictures!

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really want to get up there and do some riding this year... evidently the place is huge!

Reactions: sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We made the trip up there every December for years and mostly rode the "outlaw" trails. The Hatfield trails now have absorbed most of those trails and are part of the whole trail system. We rode out of Hillbilly Hideaway ATV Resort . Real nice people with reasonable rates. The town nearby is ATV friendly so you can ride the streets if you so desire.

C

Chooglin

I will be heading there at the end of April (27,28 & 29)
We will be staying at Hawks cabins. There are 3 trail systems near by (Rockhouse, devils Anse and Buffalo mountain).

I will give my thought after the trip !

Reactions: JTW and sharp
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
We are staying at almost heaven cabin rentals in chapmanville. Cabin is great, very nice, highly recommend check out their website if anyone is looking for a nice place to stay on a trip to ride the trails.

Reactions: JTW
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I'm trying to plan a trip there in August. Has anyone tented it? Good recommendation for campgrounds?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: swsebek
advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
20840814 1547871528590018 377850236451058739 n

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!