P500 HDPE skid plate build

B

BuffaloJo

Supporting Member
Jan 29, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
No UHMW that I can find in my area, shipping is $$$. Found 3/8 inch hdpe in black for about $75.00 per 4x8 sheet. Several companies seem to be using hdpe for skid builds, so for the price I thought I would give it a try. Should be in next week so I will post how it goes.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
No UHMW that I can find in my area, shipping is $$$. Found 3/8 inch hdpe in black for about $75.00 per 4x8 sheet. Several companies seem to be using hdpe for skid builds, so for the price I thought I would give it a try. Should be in next week so I will post how it goes.
TAP PLASTICS SELLS IT CUT TO ORDER VERY REASONABLE

HyPact VHMW BUT THE BIGGEST PC I'VE PURCHASED WAS 4'X2'

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Welcome to the club.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HDPE is super tough, we use it at work everyday. About 5 years ago a 24” gas main exploded and took out roughly 36’ of our 4” water main. We used 2” cts hdpe for a temporary line, I watched track hoes run over that line all day for about a week and never phased it. Should be great for a skid plate.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!