Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe one of you admin types can set up a pole. I've been sent to work from home and I'm curious.
Have you:
1. Been laid off
2. Working from home
3. At home not working but still getting paid
3. Been Quarantined
4. Been indirectly exposed
5. Been Directly Exposed
6. Actually have the virus
7. Working as usual and completely unaffected
8. What Virus?

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
We live in a very rural area of north central Arkansas. We grow a big garden and the wife cans or freezes lots of stuff, grow our own beef and the whole family hunts and fishes. We keep well supplied with food stuffs, gas, propane, etc. I have 2 generators and backup heat. All my stock eats grass. We've had tornadoes and ice storms knock our power out for weeks at a time before, so we stay ready to be on our own. So far this been a minor event as far as how it's affected us directly. Except for grandkids being out of school and staying with us during the day, church services being cancelled and gas get'n a lot cheaper, it really hasn't changed everyday life for us, yet. Now I realize that "YET" could change in a hurry, but I really don't know what else we can do to prepare. I know none of this will protect us from a virus, but hopefully isolation will help with that.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'll say #7 with a disclaimer, still working as somewhat normal but it's defiantly affecting our business. Many of our customers are closing up temporarily, travel is getting restricted, etc.

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I work for a utility company. They have implemented pretty strict guidelines which has basically forced me to stay home. My kids are sick and I have allergies, so therefore I have "symptoms" and must stay home. It is all paid, but my mental sanity could be tested staying home with my kids for more than a week. The company has implemented a BUNCH of new rules while at work. The office people are working from home and us field workers have a bunch of new rules to abide by.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I work in the oil field. 2 guys just got laid off and I'm looking for it any day with NO work to go find. I have my CWI's to work on the pipeline but that is dry also. May just have to take a few months off. Its stupid bad in my line of work.

I'm at work have my own trailer and about 2 weeks worth of food will be around people but not to extreme.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Maybe one of you admin types can set up a pole. I've been sent to work from home and I'm curious.
Have you:
1. Been laid off
2. Working from home
3. At home not working but still getting paid
3. Been Quarantined
4. Been indirectly exposed
5. Been Directly Exposed
6. Actually have the virus
7. Working as usual and completely unaffected
8. What Virus?
Add # 9Work at home all that I can, that would be me.

advertisement
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was sent home with my laptop. I'm expected to work. I can tell my productivity is going to fall off. And that is something that isn't tolerated in my organization. Not that I do any work. We have people that actually get the work done. But keeping them focused right now is hard to do.

D

DDDonkey

Well my wife works for the power company and is "mission critical " but she is working from home (lots of conference calls and video chat). I am retired but go to school for welding and we are now remote as of Monday, I had until today to get my welds done and will be doing book work for the next two weeks.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well I'm @ #7, but being a trim carpenter (sub) as jobsites close down due to this crap I keep having less and less work. Not much of a work from home trade 🤷‍♂️
That being said though, 🤔 I do have a lot of work to do @ home. I just hope this blows over fairly quick cause my wife being a stay @ home mom and me being the only income, I dont really have the luxury of being home jobless for months.
Maybe I can start selling TP ;)🤣🤣

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This whole thing is so frustrating!
Earlier today, my largest customer emails me stating they are closing manufacturing from 3/30 until Easter Monday. Not even an hour ago they send a new memo saying they are considering themselves "critical manufacturing" under the new DHS guidelines, and now view my company as a critical supplier.

Well this definitely throws a wrench in our plans and what we had meetings about earlier today.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Earlier today, my largest customer emails me stating they are closing manufacturing from 3/30 until Easter Monday. Not even an hour ago they send a new memo saying they are considering themselves "critical manufacturing" under the new DHS guidelines, and now view my company as a critical supplier.

Well this definitely throws a wrench in our plans and what we had meetings about earlier today.
Does this really surprise you? Big companies are managed by people that should be working on the MGF. lines! But they have that piece of paper! I think any CEO should start out in the mail room!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does this really surprise you? Big companies are managed by people that should be working on the MGF. lines! But they have that piece of paper! I think any CEO should start out in the mail room!
Just frustrating that we spent time trying to plan on shutting down or running a skeleton crew to build stock. And now all that is potentially out the window.

Muhkan51

Muhkan51

Love this thing!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My wife and I are in quarantine awaiting a much delayed test result. Five days now and no results. She is working from home as are all in her organization. I'm retired, so no biggie as far as work is concerned but I do get to watch my investments nose dive in real time. Hoping for a good result and hoping the best for everyone out there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well I'm @ #7, but being a trim carpenter (sub) as jobsites close down due to this crap I keep having less and less work. Not much of a work from home trade 🤷‍♂️
That being said though, 🤔 I do have a lot of work to do @ home. I just hope this blows over fairly quick cause my wife being a stay @ home mom and me being the only income, I dont really have the luxury of being home jobless for months.
Maybe I can start selling TP ;)🤣🤣
That’s tough, best of wishes to you and your family. And all America!!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Damn it man. What a struggle this all is....😳

Hope things work to your advantage and you remain solvent. 👍🤞

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!