Heat in cab

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Buddy of mine just picked up the pioneer and we went riding yesterday well I was following on dirt bike and they said they felt heat in the cab. Well with it being in the 30's it's nice but what about during the summer time? Has anyone done a DIY on this? Searched the forum and didn't see anything. A6c185bd2cd4f624c85f32bd37a52d63D033b6ab9edc979af9626c73f8c05b12

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Very nice ride, great pictures there is a little heat that comes in the cab but it is much less than the P500 or P700. What tickles me we got another member complaining it don't get warm enough even with doors and a heater maybe you two should trade machines, here:

P1000 - transmission jerky and loud when shifting

These are off road vehicles for recreational use with open roll bars the accessories are intended to keep the element off you at a basic level not replace a Hummer H2. There is going be some heat there is going to be some cold depending on the weather dress accordingly and everyone should be fine.

Now if you popped $6200 for the all weather package + another $1600 for installation I could see where one should expect a certain level of comfort in colder weather. But the one member in Canada and one in Alaska running them aren't complaining.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Very nice ride, great pictures there is a little heat that comes in the cab but it is much less than the P500 or P700. What tickles me we got another member complaining it don't get warm enough even with doors and a heater maybe you two should trade machines, here:

P1000 - transmission jerky and loud when shifting

These are off road vehicles for recreational use with open roll bars the accessories are intended to keep the element off you at a basic level not replace a Hummer H2. There is going be some heat there is going to be some cold depending on the weather dress accordingly and everyone should be fine.

Now if you popped $6200 for the all weather package + another $1600 for installation I could see where one should expect a certain level of comfort in colder weather. But the one member in Canada and one in Alaska running them aren't complaining.
Yea understand the concept of a sxs and there is going to be heat because your sitting on top of the engine but I was looking for feedback of someone that has been riding in hotter weather and if it was a problem. He just got it so it was just a question.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
They just come out last October so unless any Honda R&D fellas want to say I don't know who else would be qualified to comment with extensive riding experience.

Reactions: dale5740
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the bummer of a Fall/Early Winter release as it's literally killing all of us slowly from within as we wait for commentary, youtube videos and personal input on here at Honda SxS........Ohhhhhhhhh I just need a videoooooo to get me to tomorrow.:D

H

HondaTech

First off, tell him congrats on the purchase, If he lets the unit get warm, feel behind the front seat where the air cleaner is located. That's where the majority of the in cabin heat seems to come from, right off the top of the head. Make sense since the exhaust runs out the right side of the head and then back.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
First off, tell him congrats on the purchase, If he lets the unit get warm, feel behind the front seat where the air cleaner is located. That's where the majority of the in cabin heat seems to come from, right off the top of the head. Make sense since the exhaust runs out the right side of the head and then back.
Thanks man. Yeah he was looking at the teryx and I told him please no that pioneer is the way to go. I'm waiting on the sport model to come out and I've been waiting a long long time. He's got a family of 4 total so it was the smart choice without having to go bigger so we can fit in the tight trails behind his house.

H

HondaTech

The Teryx would probably be my next if I just couldn't have a Honda. I'm just not a fan of any belt machine, never have been. Just don't like the high revs and rubber band jerk.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
They are a tank I just don't like how loud it is and yes I don't like the band as well.

advertisement
J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
Had a Teryx and hated it. Was too much like riding a Harley. Vibrated so bad your feet would get numb, and there was no way you could carry on a conversation, unless you stopped and shut it off. I took a licking financially, but I'm not sorry I traded. Love my P1K3.

Reactions: dezs1775
HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Had a Teryx and hated it. Was too much like riding a Harley. Vibrated so bad your feet would get numb, and there was no way you could carry on a conversation, unless you stopped and shut it off. I took a licking financially, but I'm not sorry I traded. Love my P1K3.
Glad to hear that as in information. Another friend of mine has a Viking and at 30mph your screaming to talk.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
The teryx is pretty good but not nearly as versatile as a 1000-5. They are in need of some more power and a better clutch.My older two seater is a 2 hour job to change a belt in the garage and that's if you don't strip a bolt on frame or belt cover.The newer ones are a little bit easier but you still have to remove fuel tank and and frame pieces and to me that's unacceptable for a belt change.

H

HondaTech

We also own a Kawasaki dealership and I can say the teryx's have always been loud, and with age they only get louder.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The plastic right behind the front seat gets extremely hot and puts off quite a bit of heat on my 1000. Most the heat is on the passenger side since the exhaust exits the engine that direction.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The plastic right behind the front seat gets extremely hot and puts off quite a bit of heat on my 1000. Most the heat is on the passenger side since the exhaust exits the engine that direction.

Does the hot plastic area come in contact with driver/passengers? Strange how just reading here some are hotter than others.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It does slightly. If you sit all the way back in the sit your butt touches the plastic I am referring to. It's strange though because sometimes it's really bad, and others it's not bad at all. If you touch the plastic with your hand it is definitely hot.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!