P1000 Heat on Legs

G

Gunnut

Aug 31, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I recently traded up to the P1000 from the P5. While wearing shorts I immediately felt the extreme amount of heat coming in the cab from the radiator heat blowing through the brake pedal hole in the firewall. I tried hanging a piece of rubber on the outside of the firewall, which helped some. I then placed a bright LED light under the machine and saw all of the light from inside the cab. I got a can of low expanding foam and carefully filled all of the holes. That took care of all that hot air blowing in. I think I will take some flat black paint and paint the foam to cover up the tan color. If you try this fix, remember a little of the foam expands a lot.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sounds like a lot of trouble to go to, I wear pants and don't notice a thing. Have had a P1K since December 2015.

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently traded up to the P1000 from the P5. While wearing shorts I immediately felt the extreme amount of heat coming in the cab from the radiator heat blowing through the brake pedal hole in the firewall. I tried hanging a piece of rubber on the outside of the firewall, which helped some. I then placed a bright LED light under the machine and saw all of the light from inside the cab. I got a can of low expanding foam and carefully filled all of the holes. That took care of all that hot air blowing in. I think I will take some flat black paint and paint the foam to cover up the tan color. If you try this fix, remember a little of the foam expands a lot.
Interesting solution... Care to share a couple pictures of where you put some of this stuff?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just play this and you’ll be OK!;)

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!