P500 Heat Shield

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
20954897 6CEA 44D3 BDB5 F8777193825C
Got my reflective heat shield material in today! I’ll be unpeeling the backing & cutting it to fit! Ought to work great. Very thick!

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I applied it to the bottom of the seat base after cutting a few holes to allow the front plastic hinge pieces& where the holes are that fit on the rear near the bottom of the seat back. It’s 98 degrees here today & it still got my I Phone so hot it wouldn’t work. Had to cool it off in my drink cooler. But it should help once the overall temps drop.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I applied it to the bottom of the seat base after cutting a few holes to allow the front plastic hinge pieces& where the holes are that fit on the rear near the bottom of the seat back. It’s 98 degrees here today & it still got my I Phone so hot it wouldn’t work. Had to cool it off in my drink cooler. But it should help once the overall temps drop.

Hope it didn't cost you over $70 Bob?
Been running in the 90's here too. I have an all metal console, that I bought from some other dude on this forum ;), mounted right above the seat belt latches in my machine. That's where I keep my phone and it doesn't even get warm.
The only thing you'd have to peel and stick is a 2" badge. :)

Seats Done Trigger Shields

Wisco pioneer

Wisco pioneer

Apr 1, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just got some today and installed it. Boy that job was not fun at all!!! Net time I will order a pre cut version. Had to send my 10 year old in the house because of the f bombs where just a flying. But after it was in and all put back together I went for a short ride, not long enough to get really warm but I could sure tell the sound difference.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I’m sure templating it wasn’t a fun ordeal! I’m gonna go the easy route and get the trigger-shield ! As particular as he is with his machine I bet his final product is perfect! His P5 is prolly one of the best P5s ever built! @trigger

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just got some today and installed it. Boy that job was not fun at all!!! Net time I will order a pre cut version. Had to send my 10 year old in the house because of the f bombs where just a flying. But after it was in and all put back together I went for a short ride, not long enough to get really warm but I could sure tell the sound difference.

Yeah, making a pattern is a pita for sure, especially to get it right. I've said it many times before that I don't discourage anyone from making their own but after the cost of the material and time spent making it, getting a Quick Shield is a no brainer. Besides that, I've made patterns for several machines and the first one never turns out great, the second one is where you really dial in the cuts.

Wisco pioneer

Wisco pioneer

Apr 1, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, making a pattern is a pita for sure, especially to get it right. I've said it many times before that I don't discourage anyone from making their own but after the cost of the material and time spent making it, getting a Quick Shield is a no brainer. Besides that, I've made patterns for several machines and the first one never turns out great, the second one is where you really dial in the cuts.

I made one piece from the bottom seat and went up behind the back, had a hard time getting the plastic keepers back in place.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I made one piece from the bottom seat and went up behind the back, had a hard time getting the plastic keepers back in place.

Yeah, the Shield I make covers the entire area from the front of the seat to the top of the back. As for plastic keepers, you mean the seat latch?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Prefer the rubber trigger shield over my prior “insulation” which held moisture. Rubber has been easier to spray off for cleaning. Plus it covers the oil filter access hole cut on my P500.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!