P1000 Heater Installed-- How to Burp

red1329

red1329

Mar 4, 2021
central il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After doing my heater and having these issues what i did was
1 ditch the shut off by pass loop. now the oil cooler line goes straight to my heater core and from the heater core to the oil cooler.. i use to have some tees and shut off valves for a winter/summer mode.

2 i bought a little 5/8 water pump from amazon for 20$ and wired it to my blower motor power. when you turn the blower motor on the pump turn on. this pump helped with the air pockets. if forced the water through fast enough to burp the heater.. i get a lot more heat out of the core now. i also had to insulate the duct work from the core to the cab. that also makes a hug difference

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took your suggestion to run heater inlet hose to oil cooler but I put the outlet hose to the water pump where the oil cooler had been connected. Works great! To clear the air pockets (burp it) I used the method in the instructions for my SuperATV heater that was much easier (see attachment). This forces all the air to the radiator and it burps itself. Pretty crafty way they came up with.

Capture1

Reactions: red1329 and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!