Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My old man grew up in the UP, used to tell stories about looking for his car with a broom handle. o_O
I believe it, when I was stationed at KIS and lived in Gwinn the snow was deep enough that we had a "tunnel" from the front door to the garage, the snow was up to the roof of the house. Mqt Road Comm would come down the road a few times during the winter with a big-azz blower on the front and cut the banks back, you couldn't go into the ditch if you tried......6' walls at the edge of the road. We'd get 36" overnight and it was just another day. :confused:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I believe it, when I was stationed at KIS and lived in Gwinn the snow was deep enough that we had a "tunnel" from the front door to the garage, the snow was up to the roof of the house. Mqt Road Comm would come down the road a few times during the winter with a big-azz blower on the front and cut the banks back, you couldn't go into the ditch if you tried......6' walls at the edge of the road. We'd get 36" overnight and it was just another day. :confused:
You just keep that kind of crap up North! Went Riding with my Dad today, 64 degrees and sun filled skies. We went to a 3,000 acre ATV park close to Boxley Valley AR. He was the navigator, I knew right off the bat when we stopped to the top off the gas on Rooster and he asked me if I needed anything in the store, I said I'm good, he said what about some Almond Joys, sounds great, he came back with Milky Ways. I love my Dad! He's getting on up there, we covered some trails twice, I don't give a rat's butt, We had a great time doing what we love most, riding!

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
You just keep that kind of crap up North! Went Riding with my Dad today, 64 degrees and sun filled skies. We went to a 3,000 acre ATV park close to Boxley Valley AR. He was the navigator, I knew right off the bat when we stopped to the top off the gas on Rooster and he asked me if I needed anything in the store, I said I'm good, he said what about some Almond Joys, sounds great, he came back with Milky Ways. I love my Dad! He's getting on up there, we covered some trails twice, I don't give a rat's butt, We had a great time doing what we love most, riding!
That sounds like a great time.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was, Im pushing 62 as about hard as you can you can, Dad was 20 when I was born, you do the math and he loves to ride. Took him to the TO last year in Tenn. He loved it and will be returning with me next April! How cool is that?
I met him at takeover last year and talked to him several times . He rode that Rincon all over the place. I'm glad he's coming back.

P

PNWGuy

I miss the bad winters we used to get here in North Idaho.

Still haven't gotten any measurable snow this year. Some years we don't even have a white Christmas. Depressing.

These days, any snowfall over 6" is notable. Having more than a foot of snow on the ground is exceptional since we typically have a couple of weeks of cold, then temps shoot up into the 40's and the snow melts. Last year we had nearly 2' of snow for a month. Loved it!

The winter I was born, in `68, my mom had to be taken to the hospital on a snowmobile since the country road she lived on was snowed in. She told me it was so cold that the coal furnace wouldn't light. Coldest winter she'd ever seen.

Cold Anniversary: Moscow, Idaho, Resident Recalls 1968 Record Chill

Terry and her husband of 45 years, Mike, are survivors of the coldest winter in Moscow history, which peaked on the night of their first anniversary, Dec. 30, 1968. While temperatures in town plummeted to -42 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperature in the low-lying Palouse Hills Mobile Home Park (southwest of town) further plunged to -52.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I miss the bad winters we used to get here in North Idaho.

Still haven't gotten any measurable snow this year. Some years we don't even have a white Christmas. Depressing.

These days, any snowfall over 6" is notable. Having more than a foot of snow on the ground is exceptional since we typically have a couple of weeks of cold, then temps shoot up into the 40's and the snow melts. Last year we had nearly 2' of snow for a month. Loved it!

The winter I was born, in `68, my mom had to be taken to the hospital on a snowmobile since the country road she lived on was snowed in. She told me it was so cold that the coal furnace wouldn't light. Coldest winter she'd ever seen.

Cold Anniversary: Moscow, Idaho, Resident Recalls 1968 Record Chill

Terry and her husband of 45 years, Mike, are survivors of the coldest winter in Moscow history, which peaked on the night of their first anniversary, Dec. 30, 1968. While temperatures in town plummeted to -42 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperature in the low-lying Palouse Hills Mobile Home Park (southwest of town) further plunged to -52.

I don’t remember a time where we haven’t had snow at Christmas, usually snow by Thanksgiving. When we had that heavy snow a couple months ago I thought it was going to pile up but it’s been just little here or there. Still think this’ll be a bad one once it hits.
Last year was moderate till February then we got hit hard and stayed late, I’d rather it just get here sooner so we can be all back to riding sooner.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Upload 2019 12 1 16 17 49

Bathurst, New Brunswick, 1945. It still happens most years, but now it's because of climate change....

P

PNWGuy

I don’t remember a time where we haven’t had snow at Christmas, usually snow by Thanksgiving. When we had that heavy snow a couple months ago I thought it was going to pile up but it’s been just little here or there. Still think this’ll be a bad one once it hits.
Last year was moderate till February then we got hit hard and stayed late, I’d rather it just get here sooner so we can be all back to riding sooner.
Yeah, last year was awesome!

But down here in the Moscow/Pullman area, we get missed these days.

Today, we were supposed to get about an inch. I woke up and nothing. I looked at the radar and you guys further North look like you're getting some snow.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500

Sounds like a great day...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

Jerryy

Nov 15, 2016
Freedom, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One day before heading south for the winter we received 14". Had to get out the Honda snowblower. Dad gummed unreliable Honda products-- after not starting it for three years--it took 3 pulls of the starter rope to get it running

Reactions: 906UP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!