Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sorry fellas for wasting your time. I should have used a smilie to let you guys know that was not a serious comment.

I do have water in the tires of my tractors and one lawnmower.

I had water get into an ATV tire after it came off the bead in a creek. We were cold and hungry so we didn't remove the tire and wheel to get all the water out. That tire would bounce off the ground at 25 mph.

Now I do understand that the above story turned out that way because of the tire having ~25% water and it would not have gotten out of balance at 90% full.

While on this topic, those 40+ pound roctanes I put on will add to the COG.

Sent from my iPhone 10s
Haha, no waste of time joey, we learned about calcium chloride in the process.

Reactions: joeymt33
S

Sledge

I had an old Honda 350 4x4. 1986 model I believe... When I bought it, it had calcium in the tires because the guy I got it from used it to launch boats I guess... Anyhow, it had the factory steel wheels on it. The calcium corroded the wheels so badly around the bead, that the wheels actually failed after I owned it a short time. The inner bead blew off on the right rear tire when I was riding at about 30 MPH. (top speed was about 35 on that beast). When the rusty rim let go, it shredded the tire, and the steel cords wrapped around the axle. Full time 4x4 machine. That's about as sudden of a stop as you're going to get short of hitting a block wall head on.

After that incident, new wheels and tires were ordered.

That reminds me that the guy who briefed me on my p5 at the dealer warned against Slime brand tire goop with steel wheels because it's water based and would rust them.

'Course he wanted to sell me $80 worth of his "Kevlar based" goop. I never heard of liquid Kevlar.

I'll do without for now. In mesquite country, it's mandatory, though.

Joe

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah sounds a tad fishy.... I'd think it would take 150 years for slime to rust through a wheel. The calcium stuff is super corrosive and it takes years to ruin a wheel.

I never heard of liquid Kevlar either... Is that stuff guaranteed to stop bullets from puncturing your tires?? LOL

Did you get your new tires on yet????

S

Sledge

"Did you get your new tires on yet???

Yessir, I did! Just a few quick rips in the dirt/gravel driveway so far. Hope to get out on trails later this week.

Sure like the look, though!

Joe

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 15761View attachment 15763 View attachment 15762 "Did you get your new tires on yet???

Yessir, I did! Just a few quick rips in the dirt/gravel driveway so far. Hope to get out on trails later this week.

Sure like the look, though!

Joe
Looks awesome!!!!

You're going to be amazed what you can do with that machine, with those tires! Experiment with tire pressures and let me know where you end up. I'm running 8 PSI right now and it's good, but I think for trail riding I would be better off at 6 or 7. At 8 it still rides and handles better than it did with the stock tires.

Reactions: Sledge
S

Sledge

Looks awesome!!!!

You're going to be amazed what you can do with that machine, with those tires! Experiment with tire pressures and let me know where you end up. I'm running 8 PSI right now and it's good, but I think for trail riding I would be better off at 6 or 7. At 8 it still rides and handles better than it did with the stock tires.

Oh, since this is a stability thread, I went from 49" to 50" up front, and 49 3/8" to 50 1/2" out back. Exactly what I hoped for.

Forgot to measure height.

Joe

Reactions: ehart814
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh, since this is a stability thread, I went from 49" to 50" up front, and 49 3/8" to 50 1/2" out back. Exactly what I hoped for.

Joe
That's about what mine did, still fits through the wheel wells in the bed of the truck though. ✌️

Reactions: Sledge
R

Rustell

Joe
So... what tires did you end up with.? Looks good.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!