Hello from Croatia

K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello,

just wanted to introduce myself shortly. Im from Croatia and rode Honda motorcycles for 10 years. After starting a family i quit riding motorcycles and decided to buy a SXS. My last motorcycle was a Honda Hornet 900 1999 with 145 000 kmh on clock (90 000 miles ! (the odomoeter turned arround once completly and whas half way to second time) I spent my Money at begining of this year and bougt a Renli 1100 that fell apart in 3500 km, i could not afford to repair it everyday anymore, and even worse the frame started cracking on the welds so i was worried about safety also. So i sold it as scrap and lost almost a new Honda Pioneer in this process.

I decided to buy the Yamaha YXZ1000R as the current Pioneer 1000 is not what i would like. But as soon i heard to rumors about the new Honda Talon Sport SXS i decided to wait. Especially if they will use the DCT like now with H/L transfer case, it is awesome. I hope they will use a 4 cyl engine. I love Honda reliability and want to have it in SXS. Especially as this sport SXS cost arround 35 000 $ in our country due to high taxes, so i once i take a 5 year credit for it, there is no way to go back anymore. I hope also Honda will offer the street legal EU version from factory directly like Polaris, the Yamaha does not and dealers make it street legal by welding tractor lamps and turn lights to bumpers and chasis, looks terrible.

I have read almost all topics on the forum in this few weeks and will closely watch for any News on the Talon in the future. Please be kind if my grammar and translation is not very correct, im not native speaking English (self taught)

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome! Your post was very easy to read as the English was not bad at all. I love to hear stories of the Honda faithful, thank you for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree with Joey. Excellent English. I bet you will be the envy of everyone. I'm sure at those prices there are not very many SXS's around.

Welcome. I look forward to seeing pictures of your Pioneer and your country.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome from Spokane Washington USA! It's always cool to hear of fellow riders from far away lands, especially Honda riders! Like others have said your English is great probably better then some of our rednecks myself included on this site and I applaud you for teaching yourself that also is cool. And questions people here are more then friendly and will jump at any opportunity to assist. Being you're from Croatia there will probably be many questions asked of you as well because we are a curious type on this site. Welcome and can't wait to see some pictures!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello,

just wanted to introduce myself shortly. Im from Croatia and rode Honda motorcycles for 10 years. After starting a family i quit riding motorcycles and decided to buy a SXS. My last motorcycle was a Honda Hornet 900 1999 with 145 000 kmh on clock (90 000 miles ! (the odomoeter turned arround once completly and whas half way to second time) I spent my Money at begining of this year and bougt a Renli 1100 that fell apart in 3500 km, i could not afford to repair it everyday anymore, and even worse the frame started cracking on the welds so i was worried about safety also. So i sold it as scrap and lost almost a new Honda Pioneer in this process.

I decided to buy the Yamaha YXZ1000R as the current Pioneer 1000 is not what i would like. But as soon i heard to rumors about the new Honda Talon Sport SXS i decided to wait. Especially if they will use the DCT like now with H/L transfer case, it is awesome. I hope they will use a 4 cyl engine. I love Honda reliability and want to have it in SXS. Especially as this sport SXS cost arround 35 000 $ in our country due to high taxes, so i once i take a 5 year credit for it, there is no way to go back anymore. I hope also Honda will offer the street legal EU version from factory directly like Polaris, the Yamaha does not and dealers make it street legal by welding tractor lamps and turn lights to bumpers and chasis, looks terrible.

I have read almost all topics on the forum in this few weeks and will closely watch for any News on the Talon in the future. Please be kind if my grammar and translation is not very correct, im not native speaking English (self taught)

Welcome to the club! Look forward to hearing of your adventures in the future.

Reactions: sharp
K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello,

thank you all for all the nice comments. I will be glad to share some pictures from my side of the world. I choose some to show some of my hobby and my workshop. I hope it is not too much! Im one of those that dissasembled stuff from my Young age.

This is my workshop when i was a teenager boy in parents house

Slika201

Here are some pictures of my current workshop (cannot take any pictures without my daughter being there, when i play, she plays there too! This is where we spend many slepless nights Building something or fixing something
Optimum m2l cnc glodalica siemens 808d sustavu pdv a slika 69527826 Optimum l28 cnc tokarilica siemens 808d sustavu pdv a slika 69528123 IMG 3567 IMG 3565 IMG 3564 20160430 140543004 iOS

This are some of my Electronics project, all rest in museum now

IMG 1723 IMG 1698 IMG 1678
20160417 162024108 iOS222

Just a machining project

Gk2dyNP

This is where i live, from the air, you can spot my house in lower left corner

DJI 0005

This are the assembly pictures of my First SXS, Renli 1100 CC buggy, the worst thing i ever bought in my life! This factory is a bunch of scammers! My best friend is just putting the last screw on second picture

20160108 171505269 iOS 20160108 210123598 iOS

This is a steering repair, you can see how strong mounts the steering uses (note 15 mm holes for 8 mm screws, this is how accurate the factory is!)

20160220 204000856 iOS

Because the buggy has only stupid instrument cluster without any information about the water temp or so i built a whole new instrument panel, add seat heating, led lights, nice iluminated switches, reworked all the bad wiring they have done. They only twist wires and insulate with electrical tape wherever there is wire connection, like in stoneage

20160226 194439788 iOS

My First ride

20160416 093445742 iOS

My second ride, i broke the driveshaft and needed to showel out the mud to be able to remove the front driveshaft so i can ride home. Yes, thats me!

20160417 162024108 iOS

This is the new air intake i built. Their air filter was just a sponge on PVC drain pipe drilled with hand drill. Lots of dust enters the intake plenum. I used heavy Duty forklift filter and air cyclone

20160525 093524747 iOS

All went downhill from there, Wheel bearings, arm bearings, arm mounts, arms, axles, fuel hoses, fuel pump, differentials, driveshaft 3 times, chasis welds failing, brake rotors cracking, clutch cylinder (both of them), CV joints, gearbox, water pump (they forgot the welding wire inside colant system with their "DIY" coolant hose adapters, thermostat, wrong wired ECU, stripped threads, stripped bolts, forgoten bolts, bolts only hand tight, 5 AMP fan fuse (instead of 15 AMP) that blew First time the fan turned on, gearbox synchronizers (stripped in factory "testing"), clutch, coolant expansion tank cracked (when delivered), using rubber garden hoses in many places, using a 20X30 mm Electric motor to turn on 4WD... These are just some of the fails i had in the 3500 km. There was probably more than 100 repairs done and some were very expensive. In the end in complety fell apart and was sold as scrap!

Hope i did not bother you too much, have a nice day everyone!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You're not a bother!!!! I appreciate seeing the lives of others. My daughter is a lot like that with me too she's my world "most" days! Those wheels on your buggy look familiar.very nice job with everything I that rig you're very talented for sure. I feel for you knowing you did all that work just to wind up out of a vehicle. That's a big deal! Beautiful veiw of your area. Cool pics thank you for sharing with us.

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,

thank you all for all the nice comments. I will be glad to share some pictures from my side of the world. I choose some to show some of my hobby and my workshop. I hope it is not too much! Im one of those that dissasembled stuff from my Young age.

This is my workshop when i was a teenager boy in parents house

View attachment 21049

Here are some pictures of my current workshop (cannot take any pictures without my daughter being there, when i play, she plays there too! This is where we spend many slepless nights Building something or fixing something
View attachment 21048 View attachment 21047 View attachment 21046 View attachment 21045 View attachment 21044 View attachment 21037

This are some of my Electronics project, all rest in museum now

View attachment 21043 View attachment 21042 View attachment 21041
View attachment 21036

Just a machining project

View attachment 21040

This is where i live, from the air, you can spot my house in lower left corner

View attachment 21039

This are the assembly pictures of my First SXS, Renli 1100 CC buggy, the worst thing i ever bought in my life! This factory is a bunch of scammers! My best friend is just putting the last screw on second picture

View attachment 21030 View attachment 21031

This is a steering repair, you can see how strong mounts the steering uses (note 15 mm holes for 8 mm screws, this is how accurate the factory is!)

View attachment 21032

Because the buggy has only stupid instrument cluster without any information about the water temp or so i built a whole new instrument panel, add seat heating, led lights, nice iluminated switches, reworked all the bad wiring they have done. They only twist wires and insulate with electrical tape wherever there is wire connection, like in stoneage

View attachment 21033

My First ride

View attachment 21034

My second ride, i broke the driveshaft and needed to showel out the mud to be able to remove the front driveshaft so i can ride home. Yes, thats me!

View attachment 21035

This is the new air intake i built. Their air filter was just a sponge on PVC drain pipe drilled with hand drill. Lots of dust enters the intake plenum. I used heavy Duty forklift filter and air cyclone

View attachment 21038

All went downhill from there, Wheel bearings, arm bearings, arm mounts, arms, axles, fuel hoses, fuel pump, differentials, driveshaft 3 times, chasis welds failing, brake rotors cracking, clutch cylinder (both of them), CV joints, gearbox, water pump (they forgot the welding wire inside colant system with their "DIY" coolant hose adapters, thermostat, wrong wired ECU, stripped threads, stripped bolts, forgoten bolts, bolts only hand tight, 5 AMP fan fuse (instead of 15 AMP) that blew First time the fan turned on, gearbox synchronizers (stripped in factory "testing"), clutch, coolant expansion tank cracked (when delivered), using rubber garden hoses in many places, using a 20X30 mm Electric motor to turn on 4WD... These are just some of the fails i had in the 3500 km. There was probably more than 100 repairs done and some were very expensive. In the end in complety fell apart and was sold as scrap!

Hope i did not bother you too much, have a nice day everyone!
Sounds like a Polaris! Lol

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome and thanks for sharing the pictures. I have a 7 year old daughter so I can relate to your experiences. Post some pics of your hornet. I drag raced a 94 CBR900RR for over 10 years. Same engine as the 900 hornet. I finally put a CBR100XX engine in it. Alot of fun but my bad back forced me to retire.

K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Unfortunately i do not have any picture of my Hornet, they were with my previous girlfriend so my wife deleted all of them. I do have some of them left on my server with my bandit (hope she does not see them), good old memories. Was so Young there, life goes by so fast... I will see if i can dig up any Hornet picture there. The bandit was good ride, we made little less than 39000 km in 2 years together. Just did not like the somewhat unstable front end that lead to a tank slapper few times, and one time i could not get out of it...

This is how my babies were stored in winter, fully serviced, cleaned and inside house so they have no rust or winter cold

Trips

Good old Young times :)

advertisement
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Wow I loved all your pictures and stories and your English is wonderful! It's so interesting and fun to hear how people live in other countries. Pretty much, people are people, wherever we live! :)

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awsome dash and gauges! I hope [HASHTAG]#cumminspusher[/HASHTAG] doesn't see that . It will give him too many ideas! Lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I saw it all @plummer32! Activities!! And I love this guy. It really makes you stop and think like Oak said people are people no matter where they live. This is very cool to see and Kreso you are a true Pioneer and a very worthy person to this site! Thank you for sharing your life with us here I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Sent from iPhone

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw it all @plummer32! Activities!! And I love this guy. It really makes you stop and think like Oak said people are people no matter where they live. This is very cool to see and Kreso you are a true Pioneer and a very worthy person to this site! Thank you for sharing your life with us here I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Sent from iPhone
I'd just like the knowledge and the shop to do that. Grab a 30 pack of Pabst and say " I think I'll turn my pioneer into a stealth fighter this afternoon".

kye

kye

Aug 17, 2016
Bamaga
Ownership

1. 500
Hi mate,
My wife and I travelled Croatia and we loved it, we stayed at a house while visiting plitviče lakes, the owner lived with his mother and had plum trees all around the house. He couldn't speak English but could speak German and as my wife was German she translated for me.
It turns out he made alcohol with all the plums and all he wanted to do was drink with me any spare minute we had, he was hardcore haha.
Anyway we hope to visit Croatia again and this time make it all the way to Dubrovnik.
Beautiful country with some of the clearest water in the ocean I've ever seen.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!