Hello from Newfoundland

S

_stranger

Sep 29, 2013
Newfoundland Labrador
Or,..TheRock as sometimes known. It's an island located off the east coast of Canada. Plenty of pioneer territory to chew up around here. I love this place. Love Canada man..and the US too. Awesome combo for the continent. We got it good over here in these parts compared to other parts of the world brother, that's no joke.

My name is Dean..and I am a pioneerholic. I have owned Honda products in the past. 1979 XL 100, 1984 CR125R with that ATAV (automatic toque amplification chamber, I believe the maker referred it to. I left it on. The 1983 models had a straight pipe leaving the cylinder ..I kept the chamber on. Looked at some options at the time. Meh..

I strictly took care of the bike. A very powerful 2steoke engine that had no right to be so quick, agile, fast...etc. wheww.. I love that machine. Gee, I bought the lawn mower too the same day as the CR. I think it finally gave up just a few short years ago. Got to 20 years or more, something like that. Whose counting the days. But I purchased another lawn mower from Honda shortly after. Solid little machine.

The introducing of the pioneer is really good timing for me. I have been scouring all the brands. Am really drawn by the Pioneer M2. Does everyone else like its a sweet looking sxs too. Love it's ground stance.

Was looking through a bunch of gallery pictures, one gallery in particular. Looks like a dealer receiving a nice shiny M4. Boy do I ever appreciate the time take to take and share all those pictures, oh yeah...the boys are into it. Like kids unwrapping a Christmas gift. A brand new arrival of their M4, in green - nice, great pictures of everything. You can really see how neat and nice quality gone into this machine..

Well...just wanted to say hellooooooo from way up here :)) *kidding, not far not all. I've been combing the sxs offerings extensively. This Pioneer is very strongly being considered. I can't weight for the dealer to get on showroom so I can go over and study it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yo Dean. Welcome to the forum. I am super glad you found this site. There is tons of information here to browse through and if it's not what you need just post and everyone here will have you a answer soon.
If you choose the Pioneer you will not be let down. Yes it's not a speed demon but you will not find a tougher sxs and it sounds like you already know that.. It's a Honda.

I look toward to you on the forum.
Glad to have some more international members.
Thanks.

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi Dean,

I just joined the club after purchasing my 700-4 this past weekend. After one day, we really love it.

Anyway, just wanted to say that was on vacation down in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic a few years ago, and we met a group of people from Newfoundland(I think they referred to themselves as Newfies). Anyway, they were great to hang out with and I loved their accent, and boy could they put down the drinks. If the rest of the people there are half as nice as the people we met, then it would be a great place to live.

Later,

John

geraldvg

geraldvg

Or,..TheRock as sometimes known. It's an island located off the east coast of Canada. Plenty of pioneer territory to chew up around here. I love this place. Love Canada man..and the US too. Awesome combo for the continent. We got it good over here in these parts compared to other parts of the world brother, that's no joke.

My name is Dean..and I am a pioneerholic. I have owned Honda products in the past. 1979 XL 100, 1984 CR125R with that ATAV (automatic toque amplification chamber, I believe the maker referred it to. I left it on. The 1983 models had a straight pipe leaving the cylinder ..I kept the chamber on. Looked at some options at the time. Meh..

I strictly took care of the bike. A very powerful 2steoke engine that had no right to be so quick, agile, fast...etc. wheww.. I love that machine. Gee, I bought the lawn mower too the same day as the CR. I think it finally gave up just a few short years ago. Got to 20 years or more, something like that. Whose counting the days. But I purchased another lawn mower from Honda shortly after. Solid little machine.

The introducing of the pioneer is really good timing for me. I have been scouring all the brands. Am really drawn by the Pioneer M2. Does everyone else like its a sweet looking sxs too. Love it's ground stance.

Was looking through a bunch of gallery pictures, one gallery in particular. Looks like a dealer receiving a nice shiny M4. Boy do I ever appreciate the time take to take and share all those pictures, oh yeah...the boys are into it. Like kids unwrapping a Christmas gift. A brand new arrival of their M4, in green - nice, great pictures of everything. You can really see how neat and nice quality gone into this machine..

Well...just wanted to say hellooooooo from way up here :)) *kidding, not far not all. I've been combing the sxs offerings extensively. This Pioneer is very strongly being considered. I can't weight for the dealer to get on showroom so I can go over and study it.

Hi, Dean. It's been a while since your original post. I'm new on the forum and just found your note while browsing. Hope you ended up with a Pioneer and are enjoying it. My family has also had great luck with Hondas. The 2 place 500 is on the top of my "short list" with an expected purchase date by the end of the month or very shortly thereafter.

I am retired and living my dreams now in the back-country of north central Arkansas (Ozarks). What caught my attention was that you are a Newfoundlander (Newfie). Great folks there. I thought so well of Canada, in fact, that I sent my youngest daughter to undergraduate school at Wilfrid Laurier in Waterloo knowing that she was almost sure to meet and marry a handsome lumberjack from up there. She did and we've now stolen one of your best. The daughter is now a USAF doctor and she and her family (including my only granddaughter) are now stationed in Germany.

I lived one of what I consider the best years of my life in Newfoundland back when I was a kid (1956-57), St. Johns, #1 Kannas Hill. My dad was stationed at the US airbase on Lake Quidi Vidi. I've been trying to figure a way to get back up there for a visit for years. Almost made it a few years ago. That trip is on my "bucket list" and I haven't given up.

Can you give me an update on your UTV and Newfoundland in general?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!