SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy back at you from Edmond, OK. Welcome to the forum. I finally gave up motorcycles and got my first ATV last year. I was getting a lttle too old for my riding style. I'm not older than dirt, but I can remember when fire was a big thing.

Reactions: JTW
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the Forum! Interesting choice of Honda! Is there a reason you chose the Big Red over new pioneers?o_O

Reactions: CumminsPusher
gnedinok

gnedinok

Oct 5, 2016
Wellston, OK
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Big Red
Welcome to the Forum! Interesting choice of Honda! Is there a reason you chose the Big Red over new pioneers?o_O
Uhh, several-several thousands of dollars . . . and my first atv. We live on just under 4 acres and wanted something that I don't have to climb up on like the tractor. Plan on using it around the place mostly. We live in the country and have already been out exploring the back roads so who know where that may lead. Look forward to some hills, gullies and such. I'm an old dirt biker from the 60's and 70's and looked at 4 Wheeler's first and could see where that would get me in trouble. My brain still has it but the old bod don't :eek:. I can still get sideways in this thing and it has a 3 point seat belt! Thanks for the welcome. G

gnedinok

gnedinok

Oct 5, 2016
Wellston, OK
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Big Red
Howdy back at you from Edmond, OK. Welcome to the forum. I finally gave up motorcycles and got my first ATV last year. I was getting a lttle too old for my riding style. I'm not older than dirt, but I can remember when fire was a big thing.
Hey there Edmonite! We live next door in Lincoln County. What did you ride? Not ready to give up the road bike yet. We only do trips, 500- 1000 milers. (love SE OK and AR). Mostly state highways. Just purchased a toy hauler. Plan on some cross country trips over the next few years before I put the road bike to rest. I do like playing in the dirt though and will get my feet (or butt) wet with this one before moving onto something bigger. Later, G

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Hey there Edmonite! We live next door in Lincoln County. What did you ride? Not ready to give up the road bike yet. We only do trips, 500- 1000 milers. (love SE OK and AR). Mostly state highways. Just purchased a toy hauler. Plan on some cross country trips over the next few years before I put the road bike to rest. I do like playing in the dirt though and will get my feet (or butt) wet with this one before moving onto something bigger. Later, G

Looks like we both live right off the "Mother Road", Rt. 66. My last bike was a Suzuki SV. I was into going fast on twisty two lane blacktop. scared myself one time too many, and decided to stay on 4 wheels. Years ago, I was into dirt and dual sport bikes. We just got back from a great time at Robbers Cave State Park in Eastern OK. They have a great ATV area, with both easy and challenging trails. I highly recommend it for a outing with the Big Red.

gnedinok

gnedinok

Oct 5, 2016
Wellston, OK
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Big Red
Looks like we both live right off the "Mother Road", Rt. 66. My last bike was a Suzuki SV. I was into going fast on twisty two lane blacktop. scared myself one time too many, and decided to stay on 4 wheels. Years ago, I was into dirt and dual sport bikes. We just got back from a great time at Robbers Cave State Park in Eastern OK. They have a great ATV area, with both easy and challenging trails. I highly recommend it for a outing with the Big Red.
Now you're puttin ideas into my head! I am familiar with the area but not the park. I'll have to check it out. Heading down that way for our annual November trip on the scooter. 1999 Honda ACE Tourer (made in the USA)! I too like the twisties , just on a lesser scale than the SV. What is the name of the park?

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Now you're puttin ideas into my head! I am familiar with the area but not the park. I'll have to check it out. Heading down that way for our annual November trip on the scooter. 1999 Honda ACE Tourer (made in the USA)! I too like the twisties , just on a lesser scale than the SV. What is the name of the park?

Robbers Cave State Park. The cabins are old, but clean and reasonably priced. Nice campgrounds too. They have cabins with "pull throughs", if you have a trailer. There is a video of the ATV area on the website. It does not show the scary stuff up and down the side of a mountain. They have a general store there, but Wilburton is only about 10 miles away with several places to eat.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's interesting, I live 30 miles from Robbers Cave, have spent lots of time there, but have never seen that there's any riding trails there. Where exactly are they at?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Robbers Cave State Park. The cabins are old, but clean and reasonably priced. Nice campgrounds too. They have cabins with "pull throughs", if you have a trailer. There is a video of the ATV area on the website. It does not show the scary stuff up and down the side of a mountain. They have a general store there, but Wilburton is only about 10 miles away with several places to eat.
Ok, I checked out the link you posted and I see its on the south side of the park, east of hwy 2. Is that by the small lake? And did they allow you to ride your sxs from the campground over to it??

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, I checked out the link you posted and I see its on the south side of the park, east of hwy 2. Is that by the small lake? And did they allow you to ride your sxs from the campground over to it??

The entrance to the ATV area is about a mile or so south of the main park entrance. I did not ask about getting there on the Honda. The parking lot is big and literally right on the highway. I did not see any way to get there from the cabins other than riding down the shoulder of the highway. I did not notice a lake, but there could have been one on the west side of the highway. The trails have lots of sharp looking rocks, but I did not have any tire problems on my OEM tires. If you stay, ask about discounts. They were offering Veterans and Senior discounts when we stayed there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The entrance to the ATV area is about a mile or so south of the main park entrance. I did not ask about getting there on the Honda. The parking lot is big and literally right on the highway. I did not see any way to get there from the cabins other than riding down the shoulder of the highway. I did not notice a lake, but there could have been one on the west side of the highway. The trails have lots of sharp looking rocks, but I did not have any tire problems on my OEM tires. If you stay, ask about discounts. They were offering Veterans and Senior discounts when we stayed there.
Well thanks for that information. Any guess on the size of this atv riding area?

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Well thanks for that information. Any guess on the size of this atv riding area?

The ATV riding area is listed at 250 acres. There is a wide outer trail all the way around the perimeter. There is a solid rock, large stair step climb as you head east along the south fence line, that I could not get up in my P500. I think I need more agressive tires. If you make it up, let me know what tires you have. The inner trails are pretty tight and twisty. They would be really tight for a standard width SXS.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The ATV riding area is listed at 250 acres. There is a wide outer trail all the way around the perimeter. There is a solid rock, large stair step climb as you head east along the south fence line, that I could not get up in my P500. I think I need more agressive tires. If you make it up, let me know what tires you have. The inner trails are pretty tight and twisty. They would be really tight for a standard width SXS.
Oh wow, pretty small. I'll give it a go next time I'm there. Last time I just went out into the national forest and rode.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Oh wow, pretty small. I'll give it a go next time I'm there. Last time I just went out into the national forest and rode.

Give me a recommendation for a good place to go and ride in the Ouachita (I may or may not have spelled that right :D). Where are you at in Eastern OK? I went to High School in Pryor OK.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Give me a recommendation for a good place to go and ride in the Ouachita (I may or may not have spelled that right :D). Where are you at in Eastern OK? I went to High School in Pryor OK.
South west of Ft Smith an hour. Wolf Pen Gap is nice and just outside Mena. Otherwise any of the NF is great riding.

jpman

jpman

Nov 20, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know what you mean, but I have a 2013 Honda Sabre 1300 cruiser, an old vintage trials bike, a dirtbike etc. At 60 years old the ground seems harder than I remember, so a pioneer was added to the fleet...good times.

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
1sgret

1sgret

Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2017
Mount Vernon, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know what you mean, but I have a 2013 Honda Sabre 1300 cruiser, an old vintage trials bike, a dirtbike etc. At 60 years old the ground seems harder than I remember, so a pioneer was added to the fleet...good times.

I did the same thing about a month or so ago...at 61 my back just couldn't take riding my bike anymore. Traded it for a P1K and have been enjoying getting reacquainted with nature at a slower pace!

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!