Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome @Markbama. You should find a friendly atmosphere here and we're always willing to help.

Where are you located? I'm in north Alabama. If close I could offer an extended test drive of my 700.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you got the money its a no brainer....THE 1000....The 700 makes me happy still....
And the 500 is nicely priced and nimble in the woods....But the 1000 is the cats Meeeeow.

M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome @Markbama. You should find a friendly atmosphere here and we're always willing to help.

Where are you located? I'm in north Alabama. If close I could offer an extended test drive of my 700.

Hey...joeymt33, thx for the offer...I am near Prattville....I appreciate the offer, half of me wants the 1000, the other half sez the 500 only because of the size.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
If you can fit the 1000 on the trails/places you ride go for that. I have the 500 and it is great for my riding on tight trails and going thru the woods where there are no trails at all(hauling out game etc), its basically an atv with 2 seats.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd say it's up to your budget, it's easy to spend thousands on accessories. So you can load up a 500 for the price of the 700 bone stock. A 700 with all the bling runs right about a 1000-5 deluxe without accessories. Kinda like buying a dog. The initial purchase sometimes is the cheapest part! Or close to it.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey...joeymt33, thx for the offer...I am near Prattville....I appreciate the offer, half of me wants the 1000, the other half sez the 500 only because of the size.

I'm near Pelham once we all get our machines (waiting on that Silver metallic) we should get together there are a few several guys in the Central Alabama area.

Reactions: joeymt33
M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm near Pelham once we all get our machines (waiting on that Silver metallic) we should get together there are a few several guys in the Central Alabama area.

Sounds like a plan....that silver one is smoking.............I guess the names make sense because when you have one of these they are just like a mistress, takes up your time and money...lol! I am going to swing by Halls tomorrow to test drive all three. The one thing about these ATV places is none of them have a suitable test ride place...it is very aggravating. The Montgomery place....drives me nutz they always act like you should feel privileged for them to even sell you a cart. Hoping Halls is different

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hall's is going to push Popo and tell you they are a Honda Powerhouse dealer (they aren't) ... Horrible customer service, I moved my deposit to Chattanooga Honda.

They are where I bought my 700, they dropped the price of it only to get it right back to it with feeds and charges.

Take advantage of them they at least have a fairly short road you can at least feel acceleration and if they have all three in stock it'll be a decent comparison.

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Yeah....I was in there once and wasn't impressed....I emailed Honda of Chattanooga and they were higher than Southern Powersports...I am actually thinking about making an offer to the guy on here in Jackson county trying to sell his 500. It is yellow, not crazy about the color....but if I can get it for the right price I can always wrap the plastic...I want to ride in the 500 first...

There are too many used 2011-2014 Rangers for sale...makes me worried.
I bought my Big Red from Chattanooga a few years back, from the honda dealer on Workman Rd. They were good to do business with. I called them today. Sales Associate said they got a red 100-5 DELUX for $700 under MSRP. He sounded like it would be several months before any other colors arrive.? Hope this helps. Im from North Alabama also. I havent checked at Cycle World in Gadsden yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!