P500 HELP! Wireless Remote for Winch

L

Linebacker55

Jan 4, 2020
NL, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
HI folks. I have a pioneer 500 with a KFI 2500 winch. I'm trying to add a chinese wireless remote from Amazon, but my solenoid only has 4 posts (+/- for battery and in/out for winch). My buddy had a Kolpin and it has two more terminals on the bottom to hook up a wireless remote. I've included a pic to show what I'm missing - its circled in red. Do I have to make a wire harness to splice of the wireless control box to the winch switch (black/green wires) and then back to the solenoid? I included a diagram of what I THINK would work. If so, any suggestions? Cheers

Solenoid Wiring diagram

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That looks right.
Never seen one with gray and yellow wires. Assume these are the solenoid control wires. Just like you have it wired.

I highly recommend you take the wireless positive to a key-on source. Or at the very least put a switch inline.
Hate for it to get stuck and no way to turn it off.

Reactions: Olaf and Splorin
T

timhas2

Aug 13, 2020
Chico, CA
Ownership

1. 500
HI folks. I have a pioneer 500 with a KFI 2500 winch. I'm trying to add a chinese wireless remote from Amazon, but my solenoid only has 4 posts (+/- for battery and in/out for winch). My buddy had a Kolpin and it has two more terminals on the bottom to hook up a wireless remote. I've included a pic to show what I'm missing - its circled in red. Do I have to make a wire harness to splice of the wireless control box to the winch switch (black/green wires) and then back to the solenoid? I included a diagram of what I THINK would work. If so, any suggestions? Cheers

View attachment 223306 View attachment 223320
A few years ago I bought a wireless remote from Tractor Supply for $20 and it was super easy to installed and worked flawlessly. It had 3 wires.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!