P1000 Help

D

Dodgeman04

Jul 4, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2020 honda pioneer 5600 mile 0 problems. Left key on jumped it off with battery charger. Now the problem had miss new coils no help new plugs no help new iacv and plug no help new ecm fixed miss but now idles at 2500 to 3000 rpm surging and the iacv is installed correctly 100% wore it out checking it. Sombody please help this has been going on 2 months on something we use 7 days a week lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

20230613 193748

Reactions: TxDoc
D

Dodgeman04

Jul 4, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't put it in but did plug it up see if it ran there was nothing wrong with it it was just the pigtail I got from the sxs store. But I just replaced both while I was there.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just wondering how do u reset one I was told by my dealer u can't reset a honda ecm or even check it to see if it is bad. Why I just bit the bullet and bought a new one.

In the MCS diagnostic program there is an option to reset the ecm

I had a Pionee recently that was running badly and just needed spark plugs, but the ecm had burnt into its memory a higher iacv step count to compensate for the fouled plugs. So it idled around 2000rpm, I swapped the ecm from another unit and the symptom followed the part. I reset the ecm with the MCS and it relearned the correct idle.

If you've got a new ecm it's probably not thr issue, I'd say the IACV is still installed incorrectly, if it's not throwing codes it's probably not the wiring crimps we've had problems with

D

Dodgeman04

Jul 4, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the MCS diagnostic program there is an option to reset the ecm

I had a Pionee recently that was running badly and just needed spark plugs, but the ecm had burnt into its memory a higher iacv step count to compensate for the fouled plugs. So it idled around 2000rpm, I swapped the ecm from another unit and the symptom followed the part. I reset the ecm with the MCS and it relearned the correct idle.

If you've got a new ecm it's probably not thr issue, I'd say the IACV is still installed incorrectly, if it's not throwing codes it's probably not the wiring crimps we've had problems with
When it first starts like 15 sec run's fine then jumps up to 2500 to 3000 rpms and just suges till u shut it down and start it back. I will check the iacv again when I get home but I'm about as positive as it gets it's lined up correctly. It has stumped every person I've talked to. I know it's gonna be simple just matter finding what it is. Cause it has never missed a beat till we left the key on and killed battery.

advertisement