Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's hard to beat an engineered HID housing.

The new LED housings in cars are really coming along nicely. I predict the LEDs will soon take over. We will put HIDs in the same old dusty drawer as music CDs.

I agree but the technology isn't there for a single light fixture yet. It's too hard to aim LED with reflector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree but the technology isn't there for a single light fixture

The technology is there it's just not applied. I've got a hand held light that fits in my jacket pocket. It's has a single tiny LED and it will reach a mile. And that's ANSI certified, .25 lux at 1 mile. It's all about the driver and beam tuning. AND, it's a warm color that I like.

This is the light....

Cb7b6d00679427e948441b57b17613c9

1b25a6b206e4f949378e1afbac208826

2049e3e687bc9bb2c91aa114a2ebc20a

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Projector lights!!!! I may be in to trying this. Think they would fit behind the factory lens?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Projector lights!!!! I may be in to trying this. Think they would fit behind the factory lens?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The specs are right there

Reactions: Tramguage1
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
There's better brands and several out there I've had good luck with and that's what I suggested. In my opinion it's worth a little chance to get rid of that dingy yellow light and get something that actually works. But then again I'm a connoisseur of light

I just went with a light bar....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The technology is there it's just not applied. I've got a hand held light that fits in my jacket pocket. It's has a single tiny LED and it will reach a mile. And that's ANSI certified, .25 lux at 1 mile. It's all about the driver and beam tuning. AND, it's a warm color that I like.

This is the light....

View attachment 30149

View attachment 30150

View attachment 30151

I guess I should've said it's not there in the aftermarket world for an easy retro fit into a headlight. I know you've got some bright ass flashlights brighter than anyone I know and you redo them better then anyone I know but I also have pretty decent flashlights lol. By far the brightest you can buy on the market and it's not just because it says so in the ad I do read on things. And I do understand some of this. But you just can't go on eBay and order a set a LEDs to go into a headlight that's going to work for a s*** I've tried multiple times even with some of the best LED burners available for direct replacement H ID always kicks it's ass. The headlights on the thousand are better than halogen but they are definitely lacking H ID but they at least match everything else I just hate the yellow there was no light output to halogen

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!