ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What is the light patern like? I tried different lights and could not get a good light projection.... I either had a major black spot dead center about 20 feet in front of the P5 or the lights would not project more than about 30 feet.... Do you have picture of the light patern at night?

Tx,
When I installed mine, the lights were pointing at the sky. I adjusted them down and I think the pattern is really good. It has a good cutoff so I don't believe I am blinding cars when going down the road. Between the HID's and the light bar, I have plenty of light. The headlights are aimed like a low beam, and the light bar is my high beam. The HID's project a bit further down the road than the light bar. It's a really good combination and I don't plan on changing a thing.

Reactions: JTW and rocmar
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Just got the harnesses that I was waiting on to install. Here are a few pics. I wanted to be able to just connect up to the stock plug and not worry about it coming loose. I took the harness and soldered and heat shrink wrapped them all on. worked perfect and only cost $8 more. Most of the HID kits that I saw that were setup to fit were around $175 so a little work and did the same thing for $48.
Full
Full
Full
Full
Full

J

JTW

What is the light patern like? I tried different lights and could not get a good light projection.... I either had a major black spot dead center about 20 feet in front of the P5 or the lights would not project more than about 30 feet.... Do you have picture of the light patern at night?

Tx,
I'll get one for you tonight

J

JTW

Tx,
Here's a close up in the garage.. 10ft

IMG 0756

Reactions: Martin
J

JTW

Here are a few more.. the first two are the same picture but different focus points on the iPhone.

IMG 0772 IMG 0771 IMG 0759

Reactions: Chooglin
J

JTW

No.. I don't have a light bar.. yet. That's just the HID headlights.

advertisement
Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Just got the harnesses that I was waiting on to install. Here are a few pics. I wanted to be able to just connect up to the stock plug and not worry about it coming loose. I took the harness and soldered and heat shrink wrapped them all on. worked perfect and only cost $8 more. Most of the HID kits that I saw that were setup to fit were around $175 so a little work and did the same thing for $48.
View attachment 24519
View attachment 24520
View attachment 24521
View attachment 24522
View attachment 24523
Where did you get the harness from and what is it called so I order the proper thing?

Tx,

Reactions: CumminsPusher
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Are they still running fine? I read that they fail fairly rapidly. Did you have any issue?

From the pictures they look the same as I had installed about a year ago. Maybe more. We ride about once or twice a week, which includes about 5-7 miles of dirt road, where we have the lights on. No failures yet. If I remember correctly, back when I purchased, there were comments about ballasts failing. Again, I haven't experienced that.

J

JTW

Are they still running fine? I read that they fail fairly rapidly. Did you have any issue?
I keep mine on all the time and in 117 hours they're doing fine.. I did take my ome bulb and stuck it in with the wires just in case.

J

JTW

Very impressed..... Ordering my kit today. Only bummer is shipping t0 Canada is very expensive and our money is not worth a whole lot these days..... so it will be a 100$ bill all together...
For the money it's a great little upgrade!

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
From the pictures they look the same as I had installed about a year ago. Maybe more. We ride about once or twice a week, which includes about 5-7 miles of dirt road, where we have the lights on. No failures yet. If I remember correctly, back when I purchased, there were comments about ballasts failing. Again, I haven't experienced that.
Well well well..... I got my kit installed this weekend and I got deceiving results.... One side does not always comes on... and when it is on, the intensity varies a lot. I contacted the vendor to see what can be done about this. On the bright side, when they get to be both on, they are very bright....

Reactions: rocmar
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!