P1000 Hifonics or Ecoxgear?

Arkansaslawguy

Arkansaslawguy

Nov 19, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for sound for the P1000-5 around the $400 range. I've settled on either the Hifonics Thor 10 or the Ecoxgear.

Anyone had any experiences with both? Ecoxgear has all the fancy lights and such, but that doesn't really sell me. How does the volume and sound quality compare? Mounting flexibility?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for sound for the P1000-5 around the $400 range. I've settled on either the Hifonics Thor 10 or the Ecoxgear.

Anyone had any experiences with both? Ecoxgear has all the fancy lights and such, but that doesn't really sell me. How does the volume and sound quality compare? Mounting flexibility?
I am not familiar with either of those but as a general observation sound bars will be lacking in bass.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Like Ragnar said, either will work just don't expect much. They get loud enough but the sound out of any bar won't be full without a sub. Really depends on what you're looking for and your opinion of sound quality.

Reactions: Backwoods
Arkansaslawguy

Arkansaslawguy

Nov 19, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, totally agree with both of you guys. Budget wise, I haven't found a way to put in a system with a sub, but it looks like with both of those bars I can add a sub in later.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a Wetsounds Stealth 6, which would be similar to the Hifonics, on the top front roll bar and it's just okay while riding. It would probably sound better mounted on the rear roll bar instead of blasting treble 20" from my face. But the way it works would mean I'd need to always use the remote to turn it on/off and adjust input & volume. But in camp it sounds rather good. After a couple 🍺 it sounds great, so it's staying put for now.

Reactions: trigger
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I haven't heard any soundbar personally that is good on its own. They can be loud, but it's lots of highs, a little mids, and lacking in bass due to limited speaker size. Some sound ok when you're parked, but haven't heard any that sounded good when cruising.

Reactions: trigger
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been sticking spare change in a mason jar. I'll tolerate the overpriced sub par sound bar I have now. But my next sxs will have +/- $1000 invested for tunes. Just depends if I go with plug and play, or build my own.

Reactions: Arkansaslawguy
J

JTW

Try this... it’s pretty good for a bar. This is what I put in the KRX and I’m running a half windshield. It’s still loud enough and has decent bass.

Reactions: Arkansaslawguy
NMSPIONEER

NMSPIONEER

Jan 20, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been sticking spare change in a mason jar. I'll tolerate the overpriced sub par sound bar I have now. But my next sxs will have +/- $1000 invested for tunes. Just depends if I go with plug and play, or build my own.
Build you own, I built my sub enclosure really cheap and it turned out really good. And sounds great.
76ADE2D3 6E1D 4DC8 94EB 75CF96E9B2D9

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!