SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SATV Flip
*Can adjust on the fly quickly (one middle adjustment) from drivers seat
*Upgraded (bigger) cupholders are usable
*Top edge isn't sealed to roof when closed
*No seal down frame rails, have to make your own no biggie
*Wont work with SSV Overhead radio (maybe others), the SATV clamp mounts are in the corners in the same place as radio corner clamp mounts. This was my big issue. The honda flip 3 mounts are on the front frame rail, not in the corners

Honda Flip
*Have to make (2) adjustments to open it from driver and passenger sides (pain riding solo)
*Driver and passenger adjustment are right above cupholder and wont allow for much of anything but a can if windshield is closed
*Seals great to the top, frame rails, and hood
*Flexes and flaps a lot in the middle creating a glare if sunny due to no adjustment in the middle for support
*Quick Flip Honda clamp mounts make it quicker to remove and/or put back on
*Even with the 3 mounts on the front I had to unmount and slide radio back to close the windshield quick close clamps

So it just depends on your set up and how all your accessories will work together. Its hard to say what's best unless you know every accessory your going to purchase ahead of time and are able to research ahead of time. Only had mine a month and already buying twice due to not knowing!

Reactions: Lady01
I

Ingfam

Apr 13, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently purchased the SATV flip and it's great for airflow, and that is very important seasonally. However, one thing no one mentions is all the warnings you get when you actually receive it. You are not supposed to use wipers, squeegees, glass cleaner, polish, on and on and on. They recommend ONLY a soft, clean cloth with mild soapy water to clean. It doesn't say that on their website (that I could see), but it does when you get the windshield...which seems a bit shady to me. This limited cleaning method is fine at home but not always practical on the trail. And it irritates me they don't want you to have wipers for rain. The windshield is tough, but I already have those spiderweb scratches and a few branch deep scratches in mine even though I've been super careful. I also have a Honda full glass windshield and that has ZERO scratches. Just have your eyes open about the SATV flip...they are picky about how you clean it. You can bring a spray bottle with soapy water and microfiber cloths on the trip to clean. Also, it is not easy to install or remove. Just giving you some honest feedback to consider. Most on this forum LOVE the SATV flip.
Cleaning is true. and the install wasn't as easy as stated on there website. with help from my son it wasn't to bad. mostly just needed more hands. my biggest complaint is I think it needs a center support by the latch. Just me.
it's still better than the Honda one that I had.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cleaning is true. and the install wasn't as easy as stated on there website. with help from my son it wasn't to bad. mostly just needed more hands. my biggest complaint is I think it needs a center support by the latch. Just me.
it's still better than the Honda one that I had.
Yes...install can be tricky. It took me awhile. Where I got frustrated was cleaning dead bugs off the windshield after 5 hours of highway travel on my flatbed in the summer sun. Using just soapy water and cloth made a nice mess that wasn't fast or easy to remove before the ride. The airflow versatility of the SATV flip is awesome...but glass is better for a clear, easy to clean, tough windshield surface. Someone needs to make a two-piece flip-up windshield with a glass upper section...best of both worlds.

T

Tmorg

Jul 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm from North FL and I have the Super atv flip and I love it. Very easy to open and close on the go!

Florida that is :)

Last edited:
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I have had really good luck with using simple Pledge furniture polish - have used for years on motorcycle shields as well. I also do the plastics of the body with it... obviously not cleaning mud/grit -but bug splats, and general trail dust it works fine in my opinion -clean rags and buff til clear/dry.
I concur DR always used pledge on my googles under the tear offs back in the day when ships were made of wood and men were made of steel ...
I do the same. A few coats of pledge every few months. Works great.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!