BOX1

Honda OEM Lightbar fix

Outdoorplay

Outdoorplay

Dec 23, 2020
OC Ca
Ownership

1. Talon x4
if you have the Honda OEM Lightbar you well want to read this and make the fix before it falls off.
the set screw is way too short to withstand any big G Force.
example: I was running the desert outside of Barstow, the area has a lot of whoops, big and steep ones that the 2 wheeler leave. I was running at 40 mph through them when the light popped off. in the pictures you will see the OEM screw only catches 2 to 3 threads and will pull out as it just does not catch enough threads to hold,
The replacement screw you will need, 5M X 20M FHCS.
The new screw will be 1/16th too long. grind it down and file the threads and screw it in by hand. job is done

KIMG0088 KIMG0089 KIMG0092 KIMG0098 KIMG0118 KIMG0119

H

HondaTech

Thats odd, the installation instructions don't list any 5mm bolts for the 40 inch light bar. Everything is 6mm or larger?

Outdoorplay

Outdoorplay

Dec 23, 2020
OC Ca
Ownership

1. Talon x4
well take your screw out and take it to the hardware store and match it up. or if you have a mic,

Honda just replaced my Lightbar for free as the OEM bolt is to short witch you can easily see by looking at the pic's you can see they only catch at the most 3 threads but looks more like 2

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!