P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Snorkel Kit options!

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
so i'm looking at deleting the airbox/filterhousing completely. bringing the two throttle body inlets into some sort of air plenum box then running up direct center behind the front seat then following the roll bar up top to the passenger side and mounting a cone filter up there that pokes in up under inside the cage. based on the CC's i feel this should be done with 3" thin wall pvc. plus i've already sucked water into the air box and theres no drain, so this would allow it to be fashioned like a regular atv airbox that has volume below the inlet and outlet and a drain. and i can keep my passenger cup holder.... plus how much is an elcheapo tuner air filter compared to that OEM air filter? and i can have a green filter to match my machine... LOL lame.

Reactions: Powerstroke4x4
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
they make plastick gasketed pvc boxes for electrical that might work for a plenum.... anyone got other suggestions?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you post some pics of the locations of the vent lines that need it also. Thanks
There's a post that lists all locations with pics but can't remember where exactly. Search "snorkel" and check out those threads. Pretty sure it's in one of those. You need to do both diffs, fan motor, cable box under driver side rear footwell, sub tranny, and fuel tank.

Reactions: Bradmc87
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's a post that lists all locations with pics but can't remember where exactly. Search "snorkel" and check out those threads. Pretty sure it's in one of those. You need to do both diffs, fan motor, cable box under driver side rear footwell, sub tranny, and fuel tank.
I was trying to remember what sizes of vac line I used to extend them. The diffs and cable box were small 5/32 I believe and the fuel tank, fan motor and sub trans took 7/32. All were a snug fit but I used cable ties just to be sure. Ran all of them along the ROPS about head level sitting in seat. Doubt I'll ever be that deep but accidents do happen lol

Reactions: Bradmc87
catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was trying to remember what sizes of vac line I used to extend them. The diffs and cable box were small 5/32 I believe and the fuel tank, fan motor and sub trans took 7/32. All were a snug fit but I used cable ties just to be sure. Ran all of them along the ROPS about head level sitting in seat. Doubt I'll ever be that deep but accidents do happen lol
Hey buddy did you get your snorkel yet ?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey buddy did you get your snorkel yet ?
Yeah it came Saturday. I have to work some overtime today but will put it on tomorrow. Here's a pic out of the box. Nothing much to it. I'm sure I'll modify the top section and add a ram type scoop.
IMG 20160319 203911944 800x450
The main thing I wanted to get my hands on was the hose. Several have tried n failed to get something to work between the bed and seat. The hose is very sturdy and won't collapse from the engine breathing. If you can find the hose, you could probably build this for under 20 bucks lol.

Reactions: pct
catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah it came Saturday. I have to work some overtime today but will put it on tomorrow. Here's a pic out of the box. Nothing much to it. I'm sure I'll modify the top section and add a ram type scoop.View attachment 12204The main thing I wanted to get my hands on was the hose. Several have tried n failed to get something to work between the bed and seat. The hose is very sturdy and won't collapse from the engine breathing. If you can find the hose, you could probably build this for under 20 bucks lol.
Yeah I told you is pretty simple but man it works yes they definitely use the right hose that's some good hose there I kept mine behind the head rest because I like the look of it, just can't even tell you have a snorkel and it's not in your way when you turn your head when your a passenger you should probably try it out like it is and then figure out how you want it later I have the same thoughts in the beginning and I like it like it came

Reactions: pct
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I told you is pretty simple but man it works yes they definitely use the right hose that's some good hose there I kept mine behind the head rest because I like the look of it, just can't even tell you have a snorkel and it's not in your way when you turn your head when your a passenger you should probably try it out like it is and then figure out how you want it later I have the same thoughts in the beginning and I like it like it came
I'll try it as is and see what I think. Thanks for all the info man

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't like it interfering with the seat belt. I must've cut a dozen cable ties moving it back and forth lol. Kinda happy with it where it is now, but will probably move it around some more before I'm done lol. Love the intake growl when engine's under a load. Got that cold air intake sound going on. Wife doesn't use the headrest anyways lol. Hose was a tight fit trying to get it behind the coils. Other than that it was a cake walk.
IMG 20160322 123900538 800x450 IMG 20160322 123908168 HDR 800x450

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jiggerman01 and pct
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hahaha sorry I'm new to the forum
No problem I'm just playing. Wouldn't be the first time I've yanked a new part off and tossed it to the curb. Can you take a pic from the right side? How do you have it connected to the airbox? Hose or hard pipe? I'll take hard pipe over a hose any day.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!