Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 18730
This is my set up. 5 gallon German Jerry can held by jerrycan holder from eBay

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Your Jerry can would work for me except that I have a truck box (46" x 19" x 19") that takes up the whole backend for my camping gear so that's why I am getting creative. I am still working on this thing to get it way I would like it. I have a Can Am Outlander Max 650 and am still running that just fine. For me anyway fuel has been a problem in the past. Its seems for some fuel is a issue so just would like to up that capacity. I have studied the under seat area and it looks very inviting. Problem I see there is its basically a little oven in that area and it needs the airflow.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, oven. May be mold a tank from plexiglass and coat it with isolation or attach a separation wall. But under seat area is big enough and underused.

Reactions: Montecresto
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Your Jerry can would work for me except that I have a truck box (46" x 19" x 19") that takes up the whole backend for my camping gear so that's why I am getting creative. I am still working on this thing to get it way I would like it. I have a Can Am Outlander Max 650 and am still running that just fine. For me anyway fuel has been a problem in the past. Its seems for some fuel is a issue so just would like to up that capacity. I have studied the under seat area and it looks very inviting. Problem I see there is its basically a little oven in that area and it needs the airflow.
I think we have the same toolbox.
My RotoPax is for just in case. Toolbox

Reactions: rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, thanks monte!
That's actually an old pic with the old green, new green is a better match.
New pics are coming...it's gonna look different... ;)
Great, I look forward to those. I remembered our conversation about you getting a match and repainting so I knew it was an old photo.

locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I think we have the same toolbox.
My RotoPax is for just in case.View attachment 18740
Yes it appears to be. But mine doesn't have the cool green colors. I put a Yeti type cooler behind mine for the martini ice and fixings and it takes up the space but I am working on that right now to see what I can do as to the Rotopax and finishing the fuel bumper.

Reactions: trigger
locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, oven. May be mold a tank from plexiglass and coat it with isolation or attach a separation wall. But under seat area is big enough and underused.

I had fitted a Rotopax up under there and it fit just fine. Did it just to see how it installed. A guy would probably need to build a little bracket but that shouldn't be a big deal. There is enough space to I believe keep the Rotopax away from the source of heat so its only in the ambient heat of the engine and not radiated heat from the exhaust. Its just such a terrible waste of space.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes it appears to be. But mine doesn't have the cool green colors. I put a Yeti type cooler behind mine for the martini ice and fixings and it takes up the space but I am working on that right now to see what I can do as to the Rotopax and finishing the fuel bumper.
Martinis on the trail, how cosmopolitan.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Martini ice...
at least you'll have something good to drink if you run out of gas!

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Hello, I just got my 2016 Honda Pioneer 500 on Tuesday July 12th 2016. Love the little guy, I was wondering what is everyone getting for fuel mileage? I plan on a trip to northern Michigan in August and am concerned with the fuel mileage. Tank was filled up from dealer when picked up and only 34.3 miles on a tank full, well I filled it up when the low fuel flashed. so I figure about 10 miles per gallon on the trail? is this about right?
Boooo hissssss . My first fill up was 2.9 gallons and I had put 69 miles on p5 ! I was elated , as my rzr gets maybe 15 on its best easy day .

Reactions: CumminsPusher
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I am working on some spare fuel ideas. Don't like the rotopax containers and they take up some room. Trying to figure out how to incorporate some tankage into the bits we need for the vehicle. I have attached a picture of a bumper I started making last night. It holds 1.4 gallons. View attachment 18700
Looks good BUT Please be careful ! RZR s are burnin up and most of them are because people are hauling extra gas above the engine/exhaust . The good of that is Polaris sent out DONT RIDE recalls to thousands of us popo owners but they don't have the damn parts ! I have been on a waiting list for 3 months ! I drive it but would die if it flamed and burnt one of my grand daughters SO I bought my p5 and I love it !

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks good BUT Please be careful ! RZR s are burnin up and most of them are because people are hauling extra gas above the engine/exhaust . The good of that is Polaris sent out DONT RIDE recalls to thousands of us popo owners but they don't have the damn parts ! I have been on a waiting list for 3 months ! I drive it but would die if it flamed and burnt one of my grand daughters SO I bought my p5 and I love it !
What Polaris do you have?

locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
That can definitely be a big problem with plastic containers.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
That's a good looking rig for a popo. You're really liking the 500 though?
Love it ! The two are so different I am glad I have both . Both 50" wide but thats about where the similarity ends .

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Love it ! The two are so different I am glad I have both . Both 50" wide but thats about where the similarity ends .
I can't wait till I get to try one out. The guys on here always sound like they just love um.we had a rzr too and it was fun but our just wasn't dependable enough for us. I'm really wanting a 50" platform. Someday:)

advertisement