HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I can't wait till I get to try one out. The guys on here always sound like they just love um.we had a rzr too and it was fun but our just wasn't dependable enough for us. I'm really wanting a 50" platform. Someday:)
There a lot of fun . I have a friend I ride with that lives to ride something off road . He has a p 1000 , a p1000-5 , a p500 , a yamaha yxz , a t rex .
and he likes them all a lot but says he really enjoys the p500 because of all the quad trails in our area . I was on the edge of getting the 1000-5 and my wife said " it won't fit on the trails closest to us and I don't see a line of people waiting to ride with you" . She's smart, lol . So I got the p5 and it's great . Oh btw my friend with the fleet of sxs s is 78 yrs old and his least favorite is the yxz because its use is limited because they are geared so high . On our weekly rides (30-100 miles ) he rides his p 1000 most of the time .

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There a lot of fun . I have a friend I ride with that lives to ride something off road . He has a p 1000 , a p1000-5 , a p500 , a yamaha yxz , a t rex .
and he likes them all a lot but says he really enjoys the p500 because of all the quad trails in our area . I was on the edge of getting the 1000-5 and my wife said " it won't fit on the trails closest to us and I don't see a line of people waiting to ride with you" . She's smart, lol . So I got the p5 and it's great . Oh btw my friend with the fleet of sxs s is 78 yrs old and his least favorite is the yxz because its use is limited because they are geared so high . On our weekly rides (30-100 miles ) he rides his p 1000 most of the time .
I love our 1000 but I'm done with the Sportsman. Been wanting to add a 500 instead and now with the auto as well I've got the green light from the wife:) just need to move some things around it'll be a little bit and gathering up ammunition for the family:) I got this off topic I apologize but I appreciate your input it's what I wanted to hear. Excited thinking it'll probably last most of the day on fuel for everyone and maybe I'll get to enjoy it as well. I haven't been on the Sportsman since we got the p700 two years ago even though it comes with every weekend. Again thank you Huck for the good information

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Think you got mixed up
this is the Honda site
sorry @rocmar its my fault I asked. I was just curious what he had when he bought the 500

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
HaHa
its kool...
had to throw
that dig in
No I'm good with it :) just didn't want someone to take my heat. He's riding a Honda now and that's what's important

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No I'm good with it :) just didn't want someone to take my heat. He's riding a Honda now and that's what's important
There's not a thing wrong with Polaris, many people own both Honda and Polaris products, I'm one.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm one too. Not for long:)

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I've taken note.
of PoPo owners..
Don't want one...
some swear by um
...but facts prove otherwise.

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Look at how many are
for sale...not to mention
check out the yr...
people selling brand
new ones.....
read reviews...here people's
Testaments. ..
PoPo owners who say
other wise...fooling themselves
......IMO......

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What are you selling?
Sportsman 850x2. 2600mi just got full engine rebuild done countless parts over and over again. Pos. But that's me please don't be offended by my hatred of Polaris. This thread was about mileage of the 500. anyways of what my replacement vehicle will be!could have almost 3 500's for what I'm into this "vehicle "

Reactions: joeymt33 and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I ride with 3
NOT proud at all
PoPo riders...
they have them
cause they got um cheap
.... Heard way more
negatives than positive
True......SAD.......but true

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sportsman 850x2. 2600mi just got full engine rebuild done countless parts over and over again. Pos. But that's me please don't be offended by my hatred of Polaris. This thread was about mileage of the 500. anyways of what my replacement vehicle will be!could have almost 3 500's for what I'm into this "vehicle "
I understand that. I'm on my 5th Z-71, my brother however will never buy another one because he had to put two transmissions in his, and do a head job on it. Mine, I've traded everyone of them in at approximately 125K miles having never even replaced spark plugs. My Polaris Ranger is an 09 model with nearly 5k miles on it and it's had only its scheduled maintenance. Go figure. My P5 gets considerably better mileage however than my PR.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I take it that that's not a sxs?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I understand that. I'm on my 5th Z-71, my brother however will never buy another one because he had to put two transmissions in his, and do a head job on it. Mine, I've traded everyone of them in at approximately 125K miles having never even replaced spark plugs. My Polaris Ranger is an 09 model with nearly 5k miles on it and it's had only its scheduled maintenance. Go figure. My P5 gets considerably better mileage however than my PR.
Spark plugs what the hell are those:) My 98 Cummins truck has 380k with motor never touched and transmission never replaced. My 93 Cummins motorhome has 370k same thing. I stick to dependable rigs that's why I look at Honda. I can't afford to make mistakes anymore. If you did everything right and maintenance spot on with Polaris it "might" hold up as well as a beat to death Honda. I've just seen it too many times. I'll take dependability over pretty any day. But don't get me going we can save this for another thread my friend. I'm simply doing research for my next Honda:)

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
......IMO........
ASKING OR TRYING
TO PURCHASE A PoPo
on a HONDA site...
is very disrespectful
to all members....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
......IMO........
ASKING OR TRYING
TO PURCHASE A PoPo
on a HONDA site...
is very disrespectful
to all members....
Then forgive me for trying to sell one here but it's for sale for 1000 under book, LOTS of new parts, need some money for my new 500 so I can tell stories of riding rather then replacing:)

Reactions: joeymt33 and rocmar
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!