rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Then forgive me for trying to sell one here but it's for sale for 1000 under book, LOTS of new parts, need some money for my new 500 so I can tell stories of riding rather then replacing:)
You were sucked in....by other member
Who is known for hijacking other members
threads....
who has never created a thread.....
Total disregrard of others....

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You were sucked in....by other member
Who is known for hijacking other members
threads....
who has never created a thread.....
Total disregrard of others....
:) Thank you. Monte and I have gone rounds before and I like him but I'm Honda through and through and I won't listen to certain things. This is a Honda site and I'm VERY comfortable here.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
:) Thank you. Monte and I have gone rounds before and I like him but I'm Honda through and through and I won't listen to certain things. This is a Honda site and I'm VERY comfortable here.
There's a "FOR SALE"thread on this site
yeah I've experienced the same
From that member & don't exchange
messeges....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Then forgive me for trying to sell one here but it's for sale for 1000 under book, LOTS of new parts, need some money for my new 500 so I can tell stories of riding rather then replacing:)
Dude....let's start a "GO FUND ME PAGE"
once we get to the price you want...
you get the $ ...I get to lite the P.O.S.
on fire...
All members welcome
I'll buy the beer & hotdogs

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Spark plugs what the hell are those:) My 98 Cummins truck has 380k with motor never touched and transmission never replaced. My 93 Cummins motorhome has 370k same thing. I stick to dependable rigs that's why I look at Honda. I can't afford to make mistakes anymore. If you did everything right and maintenance spot on with Polaris it "might" hold up as well as a beat to death Honda. I've just seen it too many times. I'll take dependability over pretty any day. But don't get me going we can save this for another thread my friend. I'm simply doing research for my next Honda:)
Nothing wrong with Cummins either. Don't you have a spark plug in your Honda? It's not that a Z-71 can't do 300k, I just trade in at 125k. I'm driving a sound Polaris Ranger that has served me well for years, and many more to come I'm sure. But I understand a bad taste in your mouth from getting a lemon, something that just happens.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dude....let's start a "GO FUND ME PAGE"
once we get to the price you want...
you get the $ ...I get to lite the P.O.S.
on fire...
All members welcome
I'll buy the beer & hotdogs
:):) really I can only like something so much!! Question to you though why set fire to it? That's something that may just happen

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
:):) really I can only like something so much!! Question to you though why set fire to it? That's something that may just happen

Not a PoPo fan
I've seen 2 catch fire
& burn.......
wanna see it again
Pusher....we gotta cook the hotdogs

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hope you didn't think I was suggesting you shouldn't get a Honda! They're great, I own one remember, and have bragged it up here often as the ultimate trail machine. I just happen to have a wonderful Polaris in my line up is well, and had you been selling one that was a sxs, I would have been interested, nothing more. sorry for any confusion.

Reactions: trigger
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nothing wrong with Cummins either. Don't you have a spark plug in your Honda? It's not that a Z-71 can't do 300k, I just trade in at 125k. I'm driving a sound Polaris Ranger that has served me well for years, and many more to come I'm sure. But I understand a bad taste in your mouth from getting a lemon, something that just happens.
Any truck with good maintenance will make it 125k that's not a feat. Selling at 125 is staying away from problems imo. As for our Hondas..my dirtbike now has 15k on it and at 11k I put a big bore in it. The damn cylinder wall still had crosshatches in it, I did the kit and forget to get a plug so in went the original. I have no idea what plug goes in any of our Hondas and that is the truth.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not a PoPo fan
I've seen 2 catch fire
& burn.......
wanna see it again
I'm down! Who's bringing beer?

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hope you didn't think I was suggesting you shouldn't get a Honda! They're great, I own one remember, and have bragged it up here often as the ultimate trail machine. I just happen to have a wonderful Polaris in my line up is well, and had you been selling one that was a sxs, I would have been interested, nothing more. sorry for any confusion.
Monte you don't want mine seriously. You need to find one that was cared for ours was not. As I've told you before I'm glad yours is holding up that's great and I wish more luck on you. But for us I'm not lucky I prefer sound knowledge

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Any truck with good maintenance will make it 125k that's not a feat. Selling at 125 is staying away from problems imo. As for our Hondas..my dirtbike now has 15k on it and at 11k I put a big bore in it. The damn cylinder wall still had crosshatches in it, I did the kit and forget to get a plug so in went the original. I have no idea what plug goes in any of our Hondas and that is the truth.
Ok buddy, sorry for the 'lost in translation' trouble. Happy trails!!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Not a PoPo fan
I've seen 2 catch fire
& burn.......
wanna see it again

One of the guys...had a fire
extinguisher. ..but let it burn
saying I dreamed of this...
....Really

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I take care of all my equipment, even my Honda. But thanks for the info.
I can't we spend too much time riding them. We have 6 Hondas and one Polaris all treated the same. One gets worked on not ridden much and lots of parts and still fails.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hello, I just got my 2016 Honda Pioneer 500 on Tuesday July 12th 2016. Love the little guy, I was wondering what is everyone getting for fuel mileage? I plan on a trip to northern Michigan in August and am concerned with the fuel mileage. Tank was filled up from dealer when picked up and only 34.3 miles on a tank full, well I filled it up when the low fuel flashed. so I figure about 10 miles per gallon on the trail? is this about right?
Btw, did a test on mine for mileage when the fuel gauge begins flashing. 34 miles on gravel, non challenging road, mostly fourth gear.

500goat

500goat

Jul 27, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Hello, I just got my 2016 Honda Pioneer 500 on Tuesday July 12th 2016. Love the little guy, I was wondering what is everyone getting for fuel mileage? I plan on a trip to northern Michigan in August and am concerned with the fuel mileage. Tank was filled up from dealer when picked up and only 34.3 miles on a tank full, well I filled it up when the low fuel flashed. so I figure about 10 miles per gallon on the trail? is this about right?
I get 32 on average running hard on trails above 5000 ft. Usually 8 to 10 thousand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rustneversleeps
P

PNWGuy

First ride yesterday got me 26mpg at mostly under 15mph crawling up steep mountain trails.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!