BOX1

Talon Honda Talon pricing is out.

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Heh good read. A trip down memory lane is rarely a bad thing.
As a kid we had and showed quarter horses. At some point I grew tired of it nut my folks were still into it. I was somehow able to convince them to sell my show pony and buy a brand new ATC70 in about 1980. Within a couple years the horses left. And we made the local fair circuit with me racing the small machine but having Big fun. Currently my P5 does well for the purpose of hunting that I originally bought it for. But my daughter is soon to be 8 and an up and coming gearhead and great co-pilot. We're are beginning do do more trail riding. And something with better suspension and more comfy seats if looking like a very real possibility. Maybe a Talon in our future.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Heh good read. A trip down memory lane is rarely a bad thing.
As a kid we had and showed quarter horses. At some point I grew tired of it nut my folks were still into it. I was somehow able to convince them to sell my show pony and buy a brand new ATC70 in about 1980. Within a couple years the horses left. And we made the local fair circuit with me racing the small machine but having Big fun. Currently my P5 does well for the purpose of hunting that I originally bought it for. But my daughter is soon to be 8 and an up and coming gearhead and great co-pilot. We're are beginning do do more trail riding. And something with better suspension and more comfy seats if looking like a very real possibility. Maybe a Talon in our future.
It's great you and your daughter have a common interest , keep it that way! No HA!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
That would be a long line. An F150 towing a Ram towing a Wolverine. :D I have a Silverado too... nothing you like.
I have an 2007 Silverado also;) Was only a Chevy guy until the government bailout, then the vehicle quality went down and price went up. So I tried a Ram 1500, loved it, had zero issues with it, just needed to move up to a 2500. No issues with this one either.

D

Deleted member 3748

I have an 2007 Silverado also;) Was only a Chevy guy until the government bailout, then the vehicle quality went down and price went up. So I tried a Ram 1500, loved it, had zero issues with it, just needed to move up to a 2500. No issues with this one either.
I have an 08 F150 and a 17 Silverado 1500, because I work there and my F150 was temporarily disabled... :( Got the F150 going again and that's all I drive now. I love it!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I have an 08 F150 and a 17 Silverado 1500, because I work there and my F150 was temporarily disabled... :( Got the F150 going again and that's all I drive now. I love it!
My oldest son drives the Chevy now. Will turn 200k miles this next week. Still runs great. No breakdowns issues with it.

D

Deleted member 3748

I think its priced just right.
The cheapest polaris RZR 1000 with polly roof is listed at $18,909. MSRP.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think it's priced right too. Mavericks are that price before rebate season.

Reactions: Todd627
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I doubt I ever throw my money towards a 2nd sxs just for myself to haul ass down the trails, but if so it would be a difficult choice I feel the talon is over priced compared to it's already stiff competition. Honda makes a great product no one questions that, but way behind in even offering a sport sxs, and when it does get released it lacks a few inches from what the others offer in suspension travel, and probably not that close in ride quality. In the engine category they are 64 hp behind a rzr turbo which is a noticeable gap even factoring in the dct vs belt. People are buying these things to go fast and be smooth, so you wana go as fast as smoothly as possible. Not sorta fast and kinda smooth like a pioneer. My sisters husband family went to Logan w.v. and both 3 rzrs last may, xp for 13,599 an rs1 for like 12,500 and brother in law bought xp turbo with poly roof for 15,900 out the door. Thing is a beast but I wanted to haul more than 2 ppl so here I am lol. I hope honda isnt underwhelmed by talon sales only to discontinue in afew years

Reactions: BWAF
H

HondaTech

I doubt I ever throw my money towards a 2nd sxs just for myself to haul ass down the trails, but if so it would be a difficult choice I feel the talon is over priced compared to it's already stiff competition. Honda makes a great product no one questions that, but way behind in even offering a sport sxs, and when it does get released it lacks a few inches from what the others offer in suspension travel, and probably not that close in ride quality. In the engine category they are 64 hp behind a rzr turbo which is a noticeable gap even factoring in the dct vs belt. People are buying these things to go fast and be smooth, so you wana go as fast as smoothly as possible. Not sorta fast and kinda smooth like a pioneer. My sisters husband family went to Logan w.v. and both 3 rzrs last may, xp for 13,599 an rs1 for like 12,500 and brother in law bought xp turbo with poly roof for 15,900 out the door. Thing is a beast but I wanted to haul more than 2 ppl so here I am lol. I hope honda isnt underwhelmed by talon sales only to discontinue in afew years

The P1K is quite peppy with only 72HP and 200 more lbs. I think the Talon's 104HP will surprise people.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Talon is not in the 24 and 25 inch travel Turbo price range. I do expect a turbo and also a 4 seat model in a year or so. The low boost 120 hp Maverick lists for $19,999 and it does have 20 inches of wheel travel. Add the cost of belt drive maintenance and it will add up with 10,000 miles of use. For the low use 500 miles a year guys belt drive is not a problem and it does work well. I think we will be surprised on how well the Talon performs and the build quality should set a new standard. Polaris dealers get a large bonus every quarter so they can afford to sell a few units under dealer cost to meet the sales number and get the bonus.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The P1K is quite peppy with only 72HP and 200 more lbs. I think the Talon's 104HP will surprise people.
I agree I am happy... well satisfied with my 72 hp, it is sufficient to get me wherever I wana go and even play some. I just experience the difference as I'm usually always riding with that turbo xp and we dont compare machines bc its apples to oranges, we realize they all have good and bad, I mean he hauls a cooler and small toolbox and is out of room, but the talon is Honda's apple to compare to the apple market and on paper its behind from the get go. I also believe they will set a new bar in the build quality area but that and the stats on paper dont convert people from the rzr and canned ham market, most people these days are wanting all the power they can get, doesnt matter if it last 10 years without turning a wrench to them. I am a honda fan and believe where i ride i could take the talon and outride the competition within our tight trails, but on a haul road or in a open field it just ain't gonna happen

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Polaris may have an all new Race model with a trans and 3 cylinder 200+ Turbo due out in May. For racing and the sand dunes you can't have too much HP. I expect Can Am will have a trans next year too. May is not very far away.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Polaris may have an all new Race model with a trans and 3 cylinder 200+ Turbo due out in May. For racing and the sand dunes you can't have too much HP. I expect Can Am will have a trans next year too. May is not very far away.

How's that change everyone's opinion on those brands? I hear a lot of "rubber band" comments, would you trust a Polaris with a geared transmission?

I have heard some complaints about bearings as well.... What's the price gap have to be too make it worth greasing some bearings now and again?

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Can Am is winning a lot of races. 4 of my buddies sold their RZR and bought the Maverick Turbo. Polaris is losing sales to Can Am but I expect if the high end race car happens it will have a transmission designed and built by one of the race car companies. Price will be super high too.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That would be a long line. An F150 towing a Ram towing a Wolverine. :D I have a Silverado too... nothing you like.
Did you buy the 200$ factory option to cover the emblems in black tape:eek:

Reactions: Todd627 and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My oldest son drives the Chevy now. Will turn 200k miles this next week. Still runs great. No breakdowns issues with it.
you bought that just to show @ohanacreek a real man (your son) can drive a Chevy in a way to not continuously break it!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you bought that just to show @ohanacreek a real man (your son) can drive a Chevy in a way to not continuously break it!
You can tear up a titanium anvil with a stick of butter...

I just drove all my Chevys like I would drive a Ford. Not my fault they make a crappy product.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!