Talon Honda Talon Winch Mount Instructions

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
doesn"t make sense what about the green wire,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I just have a single red positive wire ????????????

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
doesn"t make sense what about the green wire,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I just have a single red positive wire ????????????
Go to the store and buy a quick tap or T-tap and splice the red wire to the white one just like you was going to do the power steering wire.

Or.
Buy this and plug it in, then hook you red wire to the red wire off it.
Honda Talon Power Harness - Version B - Blue Plug Fits Horn Socket!

Dont worry about the green wire. It's a ground. Just make sure it's not loose.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Wow guess we are no getting it,,, Blue plug is hooked to 2 wires 1 green and 1 white,,,,,,,,,,,,, So what is positive ????????????

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
so white wire with strip is positive ????????????

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok.
Let's start over.

I have assumed the red wire you are talking about has been this one in this image.
Correct?
Abeb81f63a7ec9bbba4ee21e3742128e

If yes, Take it. [The red wire]. And splice it into the "white wire with black strip" found on this blue connector. Cut it off, use a tap, or buy the wire above.
3ac5857b229375ffb7f3fbb846673780

Now you have a "keyed ignition positive" for your winch contactor control.
Ok. That's about all the help I have related to this.

What questions do you have?

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Don't understand whay they make this so comp??????????? as as positive wires should be red and negative to be black as thats the way it way back in the 80s not blue/yellow/white/red/ black etc

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sorry. Shouldn't said that. Hahaa. All true tho.

Most Hondas the only thing consistant is green. Its 99% ground.

tumbleweed

tumbleweed

Aug 6, 2017
North Platte, Nebraska
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sorry. Shouldn't said that. Hahaa. All true tho.

Most Hondas the only thing consistant is green. Its 99% ground.

Question, is everyone installing an additional battery for the winch or can you get by with the one factory battery only?
I'm considering a winch but not sure if two batteries are needed, I'm considering the Warn Vantage 4000-S? I don't have a lot of faith in my local dealer and this group is spot on for information.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Question, is everyone installing an additional battery for the winch or can you get by with the one factory battery only?
I'm considering a winch but not sure if two batteries are needed, I'm considering the Warn Vantage 4000-S? I don't have a lot of faith in my local dealer and this group is spot on for information.
Its not required. It can handle a winch used correctly and a light bar or two.

Owners like second battery for peice of mind and for the 5/30 club riders who need long periods of key off power. Many run on the single batteries with no issues both Talon's and Pioneer's.

Just keep the machine running when winching.

The past issues of needing to keep 12v to the clutch selonide still applies but it's not been a issue since the clutch rework. Recomend trying to resist throttle when heavy winching and let the winch do the work. Let off the winch power then apply throttle.

If you do get a second battery. Recomend it powers the winch and the factory system powers the isolator.

tumbleweed

tumbleweed

Aug 6, 2017
North Platte, Nebraska
Ownership

1. Talon X
Its not required. It can handle a winch used correctly and a light bar or two.

Owners like second battery for peice of mind and for the 5/30 club riders who need long periods of key off power. Many run on the single batteries with no issues both Talon's and Pioneer's.

Just keep the machine running when winching.

The past issues of needing to keep 12v to the clutch selonide still applies but it's not been a issue since the clutch rework. Recomend trying to resist throttle when heavy winching and let the winch do the work. Let off the winch power then apply throttle.

If you do get a second battery. Recomend it powers the winch and the factory system powers the isolator.

Thank you for the response

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We've installed a 5500 Warn Axion on the stock bumper using the Honda mount.

I think its just normal Honda over engineering and cautiousness, and possibly greed to get you to buy their bumpers, lol.
Which winch mount would that be?

H

HondaTech

That’s the expensive one. Is there one that’s less expensive, won’t have to be massaged, and will work with the Axion 55 on the Talon Fox 4?

Ive only used that one on any of our winch installs, most of them have been the Honda branded winch as well. The only Axion we did was a friend of our GM who purchased our first R model. He'd already gotten the Axion before the Talon dropped.

Reactions: Montecresto
W

WideOpen201

Nov 20, 2019
Dequincy, LA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just got my Talon 1000X three weeks ago and decided to go with the Warn Winch Bumper/Mount 104300 with the Axon 45.
I like the added protection it offers the front diff with the heavy duty skid pan.

Reactions: PaulF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!