Talon Honda Talon Winch Mount Instructions

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The instructions says not to install on the factory bull bar.

Attachments

• winch install.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,061
Reactions: nm6r
B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The instructions says not to install on the factory bull bar.
I installed it with the factory bull bar, I don't see any problem with it and it works fine. The only problem is that I have to take it of and reinstall if my bumpers ever come. Kinda hoping that Super ATV will get their bumpers out first.

Jamie-in-WV

Jamie-in-WV

Lifetime Member
Mar 23, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
IMG 0142
Bull bumper stays with no issues with Warn Axon 5500s

Reactions: Mikehallad
H

HondaTech

We've installed a 5500 Warn Axion on the stock bumper using the Honda mount.

I think its just normal Honda over engineering and cautiousness, and possibly greed to get you to buy their bumpers, lol.

Reactions: Mikehallad
Jamie-in-WV

Jamie-in-WV

Lifetime Member
Mar 23, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's a shame to have such a good looking piece of equipment hid so far back to where no one will ever notice it.

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
I like where it is mounted, don’t like the upside down to much, bit the clutch was easy to reach. Just on the wrong side. I used it twice this weekend, once to pull up a steep muddy hill and once a real deep muddy hole. Bumper was fine. I used the stock one as well. Waiting for the aluminum one to come in.

Jamie-in-WV

Jamie-in-WV

Lifetime Member
Mar 23, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
IMG 0145
IMG 0146
IMG 0146
After having everything bolted in yesterday evening I was looking at the setup this evening and removed the winch and noticed the spool on the axon was way wider than the opening for the Honda plate, so off it came and I cut 1" from both sides and the top of the plate to allow the winch to use the entire spool width. I feared it would only allow it to spool the rope center spool, if that makes sense I'll insert pics of what I did. Also had to open up the space for the fair lead.

wrighteous

wrighteous

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2014
next week I think L and W fab will have theirs out.
They will be at Windrock this weekend with their green R with high arch front a arms and trailing arms with badazz custom cage

Reactions: Sawpilot
Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank you very much I just called them you are absolutely correct She’s got my name to order one Next week.. she wasn’t sure of price when I find out I’ll let people know

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I like where it is mounted, don’t like the upside down to much, bit the clutch was easy to reach. Just on the wrong side. I used it twice this weekend, once to pull up a steep muddy hill and once a real deep muddy hole. Bumper was fine. I used the stock one as well. Waiting for the aluminum one to come in.
What tire are you running in the mud

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
What tire are you running in the mud
The factory tires. Only was stuck in a hole once, I don't think it would have mattered what tire you had, they toss the mud up at least 8 feet. I hate mud. Thing was covered in it by the end of the weekend. The roof had at least 30 pounds on it.

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
We've installed a 5500 Warn Axion on the stock bumper using the Honda mount.

I think its just normal Honda over engineering and cautiousness, and possibly greed to get you to buy their bumpers, lol.

Where did you mount the Axon switch? Can it be mounted in the Honda switch panel or next to the light switch?

H

HondaTech

Where did you mount the Axon switch? Can it be mounted in the Honda switch panel or next to the light switch?

Our customer wanted it on the left side of the steering wheel. Did not have the Honda switch panel or any plans on installing it.

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
Our customer wanted it on the left side of the steering wheel. Did not have the Honda switch panel or any plans on installing it.

Thanks. I found a photo in another thread.

C

Cat963

Jul 3, 2019
Bunker Hill WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
I can not find the “accessory” place to plug in the factory Honda winch controls the picture in the pdf directions is very vague and didn’t see any connections that would match up. Any help would be appreciated.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I can not find the “accessory” place to plug in the factory Honda winch controls the picture in the pdf directions is very vague and didn’t see any connections that would match up. Any help would be appreciated.
I think this is what you are looking for.
This view is from the front of the machine behind the plastic cover.
It's the cigarette plug you are looking for. 625461b697db5e25ffdf95a592c2af0d

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!