Talon Honda Talon Winch Mount Instructions

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think this is what you are looking for.
This view is from the front of the machine behind the plastic cover.
It's the cigarette plug you are looking for. View attachment 139595

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Also it's easier to get to by removing the glove box and reaching through.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok that makes sense, I am guessing that it is just a plug in the back of it. Thank you
Yes, unplug from the back and add the accessories harness in series.

C

Cat963

Jul 3, 2019
Bunker Hill WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes, unplug from the back and add the accessories harness in series.
Have you put a radio in yours? It looks like the radio is supposed to go in the same place as the switch plate and volt meter is. Thanks

H

HondaTech

Have you put a radio in yours? It looks like the radio is supposed to go in the same place as the switch plate and volt meter is. Thanks

The Honda acc. Radio sits on top of the dash uses 2 of the same clips that hold the windshield down.

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Where is everyone hooking up the positive wire that goes to the key switch as I know you cant hook it up to the key positive without tearing the complete dash apart

C

Cat963

Jul 3, 2019
Bunker Hill WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Where is everyone hooking up the positive wire that goes to the key switch as I know you cant hook it up to the key positive without tearing the complete dash apart
I am assuming you are talking about the accessory plug, it is the back of the cigarette lighter plug in the dash.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I am assuming you are talking about the accessory plug, it is the back of the cigarette lighter plug in the dash.
The Honda winch kit comes with the plug splitter for the backside of the CIG socket to give key-on power. It can be accessed from the front.

But if you didn't buy the Honda kit, we offer a similar plugin the club store - KEY ON POWER Harness for Honda Pioneer 1000, 700, 500, and Talon 1000.
Also, one for the blue connector (horn connector) by the main winch wires if you want to use that - Honda Talon Power Harness - Version B - Blue Plug Fits Horn Socket!

Or, any custom wiring you need I can do.
Thanks.

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
No not its a red positive wire that comes out from the control box for the winch and instructions say not to run this wire direct to battery its says connect to a key on power supply well there is now way to connect to the ignition switch as there is no room to get to it unless you take dash apart woundering can I hook the red wire to the red wire on the power steering red wire witch is a lot easier to get to

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No not its a red positive wire that comes out from the control box for the winch and instructions say not to run this wire direct to battery its says connect to a key on power supply well there is now way to connect to the ignition switch as there is no room to get to it unless you take dash apart woundering can I hook the red wire to the red wire on the power steering red wire witch is a lot easier to get to
NO, Do not connect to the ignition switch wires or the power steering wires.

You're not using the Honda kit I guess.

You need to connect the red wire to the cigarette wire or the horn wire.
This puts it on an independent circuit from the rest of the machine so a failure want leave you stranded .

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
NO, Do not connect to the ignition switch wires or the power steering wires.

You're not using the Honda kit I guess.

You need to connect the red wire to the cigarette wire or the horn wire.
This puts it on an independent circuit from the rest of the machine so a failure want leave you stranded .
No not have a honda wirring its a super atv winch

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
it is a singe red wire that they say goes to a key wirred switch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
it is a singe red wire that they say goes to a key wirred switch
Yes, but that does not mean the wires from the ignition switch.

Both the locations I mentioned are ignition "key-on" wires.

Shoot me a message if you need more detailed help. I'd be glad to walk u through it.

Thanks.

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So why not connect to power steering positive red wire if its a key on wire, Your previous messages say don't them yes they are key on switches, You mentioned to get a hold of you and you would walk me through this well how this is the only way I can communicate, No its not a honda winch and I do have a harness all wire come from a colenoid supplied with the super atv winch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So why not connect to power steering positive red wire if its a key on wire, Your previous messages say don't them yes they are key on switches, You mentioned to get a hold of you and you would walk me through this well how this is the only way I can communicate, No its not a honda winch and I do have a harness all wire come from a colenoid supplied with the super atv winch
Hi,
Yes, I will try my best to help you. We can do it here or there or however is good with you. If you want more private talk we can do a conversation here --> https://hondasxs.com/conversations/add?to=hondasxs

The reason you must be selective on the right location to tap is that you do not want to offer any chance of it shorting out. If you tap the power steering or the ignition wires and it shorts you will (could) disable your machine. Loose power steering or it will not crank. Yes the power steering wire will work for your needs you just don't want to risk that. Well, I don't anyways.

Its recommended that any accessories use the 10amp ACC circuit for power or relay control power. This is the cigarette lighter and the blue horn plug under the driver's side dash. With these both being accessible there is no reason to tap the wire harness elsewhere.

Your instructions say find a key wired source. This just means it wants a wire that is ONLY hot when the key is on. Both those locations i mention are.

Ok.
Thanks.

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Well I didn't know there was a accessory positive wire under the drivers side as that's were my solenoid is mounted for the winch I did find the battery cables in that area under the dash wrapped in blue tape, So what your saying is if I can find the blue horn plug I can connect the red positive wire from solenoid to that, Not sure about cig lighter plug in so that if I wanted to hook up a cig lighter ???

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If you found the ends to the main winch wires then the blue plug is right there in front of you. Tap that hot wire and your good.

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Wow I will look into that when I get home, Makes things so much easier as I didn't know there was another hot wire next to the pos/neg that run the winch wires to the main battery,,, Appreciate all your help if need your help again I will respond,,, thank you thank you

M

mikeherber

Oct 13, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Other Brand
ok found the blue plug I belive your talking about it mounted to a support bar under the drivers side, Green and a white wire that goes into the blue plug right is this the plug your talking about ??? well that will not work as I have a single red wire that needs to go to a positive so im still lost here,,, whats your # so I can call you direct

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ok found the blue plug I belive your talking about it mounted to a support bar under the drivers side, Green and a white wire that goes into the blue plug right is this the plug your talking about ??? well that will not work as I have a single red wire that needs to go to a positive so im still lost here,,, whats your # so I can call you direct
Lol..
Your over thinking this. Haha.
Tap the white wire with the black stripe and this part is complete.

Positive wires are not always red.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!