Honda Warranty Statement

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The "warranty statement" you are looking for may or may not exist. i suppose you can continue your search indefinitely if you wish.

This statement is provided in the link I posted:

" Extent of Coverage
A HondaCare Protection Plan covers you for mechanical failures as a result of defects in materials or factory workmanship, with no additional out-of-pocket costs. Coverage is similar to the Honda Limited Warranty coverage you get with a new Honda; however, tires, batteries, audio equipment and accessories are not covered. Every HondaCare Protection Plan is good across the country, and replacements are always made with Honda Genuine Parts."

That seems pretty clear to me. Honda doesn't list every covered item or every exception.

I can tell you how the Honda warranty is implemented. A Honda dealer will inspect and identify the problem. The dealer's personnel think it should be covered under warranty, a tech, shop foreman, or service manager will call their counterpart in Honda HQ. For a Goldwing that was Los Angeles. If Honda's manufacturer's rep agrees it is a covered failure,, he will release theThe part and it will be shipped.

Honda is a very conservative company. They will provide complete warranty coverage as described above.
So is there a difference in the warranty if used commercially as apposed to for personal use?

Is the warranty valid if not purchased directly from a dealer?

Is the warranty still valid if it has a salvage title?

Does the warranty include pickup and delivery?

Will Honda pay the warranty if the repair was done by the owner?

Does the warranty give you any legal rights that vary from state to state?

Pretty clear huh?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
After I saw this thread pop up I had a look in the papers for my p500.
Stuck in the plastic bag with the owners manual was a warranty booklet, maybe 6 or 10 pages.
Thumbed threw it once and stuck it back in the bag with the owners manual.
I'm guessing almost every one of us has one.

Problem is, like any product warranty, it only covers things honda screwed up, not my screw ups.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Stuck in the plastic bag with the owners manual was a warranty booklet, maybe 6 or 10 pages.

Problem is, like any product warranty, it only covers things honda screwed up, not my screw ups.
Did it have water ingestion due to intake location, clutches due to staved lubrication, or engine damage due to loose intake boot? Lol. Glad they recalled everything and got it all sorted out😊

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I would love to have one of those before I decide to buy a 520.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks test dummy 🤪
Lol. Just making a point you can’t always trust in warrantee. Again though I’m glad Honda at least recognizes problems and addresses them. Some of the companies just don’t do that

G

gtistiffler

I had their online customer service email me a pdf file of it. Pm me your email and I’ll forward it to you if you want

Reactions: Jerryg
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had their online customer service email me a pdf file of it. Pm me your email and I’ll forward it to you if you want
Thanks, but I have learned over the years to deal with people you know to handle these situations, you will no nowhere trying to tackle corporate lawyers. But did you look into the Lemon Law, that was in all the BS paper work I got from Honda?

advertisement
H

HondaTech

So is there a difference in the warranty if used commercially as apposed to for personal use?

Is the warranty valid if not purchased directly from a dealer?

Is the warranty still valid if it has a salvage title?

Does the warranty include pickup and delivery?

Will Honda pay the warranty if the repair was done by the owner?

Does the warranty give you any legal rights that vary from state to state?

Pretty clear huh?

Like myself and another have said before in this thread.

The selling dealer should've given you a Warranty booklet with all this information in it. They are supposed to have the posted in the showroom avaliable for customer consumption.

I've purchased 3 New units in my 12 years as a technician and both of the units that had warranty came with this, even though I was employed by the dealership.

If they didn't then your dealer is to blame.

Here is the one I received with my 420 Rancher.

Reactions: Jerryg and lee
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Like myself and another have said before in this thread.

The selling dealer should've given you a Warranty booklet with all this information in it. They are supposed to have the posted in the showroom avaliable for customer consumption.

I've purchased 3 New units in my 12 years as a technician and both of the units that had warranty came with this, even though I was employed by the dealership.

If they didn't then your dealer is to blame.

Here is the one I received with my 420 Rancher.

View attachment 236183
Why not put it on their website like they do all their other products?

Why do I have to go to a dealer to read it?

It's not like the dealer is around the corner.