• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P1000 Honda Water Ingestion Fix

Discussion in 'Pioneer 1000 Shop Talk' started by HondaTech, May 15, 2017.

1. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member
    Life Time Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    1000-5
    I see it now... looks like a damn hood scoop!

2. CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher Failure should be looked at with a middle finger

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Didn't realize you did the lower shields nice job!

3. Toyhauler33

Toyhauler33 Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Lol... Well that figures... I just ordered a replacement hood and pre-filter cover to have for dealership runs.

sharp, elkguide and CumminsPusher like this.
  4. elkguide

elkguide Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Ownership:
    1000-3
    sharp and JACKAL like this.
  5. JACKAL

JACKAL Ancient Guru
    Staff Member Moderator Life Time Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
    Maybe just show the bulletin to the Insurance company that paid out the money and let lawyers do what lawyers do. An individual doesn't have to get involved. It would be interesting to see the outcome if 2 big companies were arguing over a $9000 repair bill.

snuffnwhisky, chadbo, Delton and 5 others like this.
  6. Eltobgi

Eltobgi Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    I am very disappointed in the release of this and how they are going about this fix! Really it's on the owner to purchase this????? After one of their most loyal customers name was drug through the mud and he was forced to struggle financially because Honda didn't want to acknowledge this, saying the entire time he did something he did not! I believe they base law suits on Defamtion of Character!
    Even having people on this very site doing the same!!! Makes me sick to think about! SMH
    I say if the little guy doesn't stand up to corporate giants who are too greedy to be responsible it's never going to end! So to all who have been forced to pay for and suffer financially with Hondas design flaw, now admitted, I say it's time to call an attorney and get a legal opinion! And for all those who deserve an apology and will never get it, let me say...I am sorry for the way you were treated!

7. Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-3
    That looks like a great job. How did you attach the panels to the inner fenders? Push pins? Or did you use adhesive? Looks great man!!

sharp and Plumber32 like this.
  8. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Bazinga!

Kilo427, chadbo and Ridem32 like this.
  9. Delton

Delton Honda Fanboy
    Life Time Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    1000-5
    That's the best idea yet! I'd love to sit back and watch the hungry insurance lawyers go after the stingy Honda lawyers. That'd be an epic battle. CP you should do it. It's not that you're suing someone, youre being morally responsible and bring a mistake to someone's attention.

10. Upstatefreedom

Ownership:
    1000-3
    I bet with those covers it probably cuts down on the hot air blowing in the cab from the shift lever? Especially when driving down the road?

JTW, Hawk53 and sharp like this.
  11. mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    So where does the pre-filter sit with this new "fix". Looks like they blocked the normal spot with some kind of bracing for the "plug"...

20170516_132806_hdr-jpg.43761.jpg

Ridem32 likes this.
  12. elkguide

elkguide Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Ownership:
    1000-3

With your talent.................. I'm betting that you come up with something pretty good.

JTW, Upstatefreedom and CumminsPusher like this.
  13. Upstatefreedom

Ownership:
    1000-3
    That's too bad. Lol. Although the extra heat is a "warm" welcome in the winter, it's not in the summer. Haha.

14. Elkhunter

Elkhunter Active Member
    Life Time Member

Has anyone been able to find out if these upgraded parts are available yet?

sharp and CumminsPusher like this.
  15. ToddACimer

ToddACimer Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    I think we need a group buy on these

16. CMH

CMH Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    My 2017 appears to have something similar. Is this now standard on '17 models?

sharp, CumminsPusher and Crow_Hunter like this.
  17. Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    Do not currently own
    Can you post some pics and maybe the last few digits of your VIN and where you bought it?

Might give us an idea of when parts might be available.

CumminsPusher likes this.
  18. CMH

CMH Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Actually after further study, mine is slightly different. I will try to get some pics posted this weekend. Now wondering if mine is the 2017 version fo teh fix or if it is like the 2016 design? Anybody have pictures of the 2016 design to compare?

sharp likes this.
  19. blackdog2086

blackdog2086 Member

I completely agree. I've been a Honda guy for over 40 years, but that was due to a proven quality product that held up to whatever you threw at it. The term bulletproof was used a lot describing Honda products, and for good reason. Unfortunately I think those days are beginning to fade away. You can't just buy something with a Honda brand (or anybody elses for that matter) and expect to get a high quality product that can be counted on to work as advertised day in and day out.

I needed a SxS to work around my farm and was ready to buy another when I first saw the pre-release info on the P1K. It looked perfect for my needs and being the Honda loyalist I was, I waited patiently and bought a brand new first year product. First and last time for that. I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out if I ever buy again.

I love my Pioneer and overall have had a positive owners experience with it, but that doesn't excuse the problems small or large that come built into a vehicle nearly the cost of a small car. If a Civic had water ingestion or clutch problems or cooked the passengers on a warm day and they refused to acknowledge and fix the problems it would be all over the news and Honda would be the next VW.

I think we are treated as though we have money to throw away since we can afford to buy "toys" so we can afford to deal with whatever problems crop up out of our own pockets. I personally use my P1K to do substantial work around my farm and I'm guessing it isn't just a plaything for many of the Forum subscribers. I didn't just happen to have $18 K laying around loose in a sock drawer so I figured I might as well go throw it at the Honda dealer.

The only way large corporations begin to see the error of their ways is through the loss of consumer revenue and legal action taken against faulty products. Honda isn't in the business of making cars, powersports, lawnmowers, jets, robots or anything else. They're in the business of making money, the same as all companies hoping to be successful. Companies seem to forget that in order to remain successful you have to actually listen to and take care of your consumers.

Sorry for the long rant, but I can't believe how many of you (CP for sure) were treated by Honda, and after finally admitting some of their problems, still expect us to pay to fix their mistakes.

#39 blackdog2086, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    BadBoz66, AZhunter, tmjm76691 and 7 others like this.
  20. Eltobgi

Eltobgi Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Well said! Thanks for jumping in! Definitely not easy to say these things about a company we love, but come on!!!! Right Is Right & Wrong Is Wrong! Honda don't be Wrong!

sharp, Crow_Hunter and Ridem32 like this.