Honda winch kit

J

Josepht85

Sep 11, 2016
Ellisville, Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had the Honda winch kit for a few months now and just got around to installing it. Got everything wired in and mounted, when to try it and the winch will on winch in when I press out on the remote. I figured it was just a bad control so I went and purchased a new one this morning. Same results. So I began trying to figure out what is wrong. Check the adaptor plug with my multimeter and the plug or the sub harness is wired different from the remote. Who would I need to try and contact to get some replacement parts, Honda or warn? Anyone had this trouble? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neohio

Beast of the East
Advertisment

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Honda will need to be the contact. Warn just supplies the winch and even then will direct you to Honda.

So... Are you saying when u press in, it goes out. And when u press out, it goes out also?

Double check evreything and check wiring, something is crossed.....

But,
If it was me. I'd scrap it and wire my own.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

J

Josepht85

Sep 11, 2016
Ellisville, Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, it will on winch in when you press out. The in function on remote doesnt work. I cut the wires on the remote, found my 12v in the plug and temporally plugged it in, and then figured out which wire was in and out and it works that way. My point is I spend 300 bucks on a wiring harness that isn't wired right and I'm just trying to determine who to contact. My dealership absolutely sucks with customer service. So I guess I will have to call Honda directly

Last edited:
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I'm thick...but what does "on winch in" mean?? Sorry for the confusion...and I also suggest contacting Honda, but they are going to refer you to your dealer first...

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Yeah I'm not sure exactly what you are saying but I understand as stupid autocorrect puts some weird crap in there lol. But if you hit the winch in button and it goes out and hit the out button and it winches in then switch the wires on the winch they are backwards or something is backwards and that is the easiest fix.

J

Josepht85

Sep 11, 2016
Ellisville, Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, auto correct and being up a long time doesn't mix. When I would press in on the winch controller nothing would work, but if I pressed out on the winch controller it would winch in. I tried 2 different remotes and it ended up being the the remote plug in ( part of the Honda kit) was pined wrong in connector. I found the 12v supply and went from there and rewired the plug. All is good now. It just chaps my a#% that you pay as much as you do for this stuff and it's wired wrong.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!