Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JACKAL dont know if I missed where we get our trail permits at for this ride at but can’t find it in the thread. Can you point me in the right direction?

Reactions: BWAF
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JACKAL dont know if I missed where we get our trail permits at for this ride at but can’t find it in the thread. Can you point me in the right direction?
Can we not get them there locally?

Reactions: BWAF
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
1588 miles one way for us. I'm thinkin we'll probly head out on the 17th and ease out that way maybe mix in a little sight seeing. Check into our cabin out there on the 20th. Can't Wait !

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Is there any agenda planned yet? Is there a meet and greet planned. See you all there
Yes, we will meet at Lizzie and Charlie's campgrounds each day about 9AM. These are the rides planned. Pay no mind to the lunch provided by info, that's for the big ride going on starting tomorrow by the locals. They will be guided groups by them for us.

Screenshot 20180904 085525 Drive

advertisement
JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone attending that could help a old east coast boy out ? It seems Marysvale is just 3.5 hr above the north rim. Anyone from the area or been there before have any advise ? We may try to see grand canyon on way or way back idk yet. Trying to research. Seems there is a place called "Kellys Point" @ the -Parashant National Monument that is a 26 mile P5 ride. Not trying to derail thread, but if there are any locals or folks who know, please shoot me a message. Thanks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anyone attending that could help a old east coast boy out ? It seems Marysvale is just 3.5 hr above the north rim. Anyone from the area or been there before have any advise ? We may try to see grand canyon on way or way back idk yet. Trying to research. Seems there is a place called "Kellys Point" @ the -Parashant National Monument that is a 26 mile P5 ride. Not trying to derail thread, but if there are any locals or folks who know, please shoot me a message. Thanks

Look up Jeff Knowles on Facebook in the Paiute Trails page, he is President of the Paiute Trail committee. He has a P500 and has been instrumental in putting together the finishing touches of this ride, from food to trail loops, to local guides for us. If he doesn't know he can get someone who does in touch with you.

I have only been there once, but rode 2000 miles in about 16 days there in 2012. It is a 200 mile ride to North Rim of Grand Canyon from the campground.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just an open reminder to everyone attending the Pioneers on the Paiute ride. On our rides, be prepared with food and drink to be out all day such as 9AM to 6PM it may not be that long but could be. You will want to pack enough food for the weekend likely before coming into Marysvale. From the East is Richfield and the West is Beaver, either will take an hour drive + from Marysvale. Thier might be local sources now, but thier wasn't on my 2012 trip there.

All trails will be easy to moderate unless you request or choose a more difficult path on the scheduled rides, Fri. Sat, Sun. Our lowest elevation will be 6400 ft above sea level to over 12,000 ft. Temperatures at camp are forecast to be in 40's at night, in the mountains likely in the 20's. Be prepared for riding in freezing temperatures to the low 70s, it can vary that much in just 4 hours.

You don't need to pack for the apocalypse but would recommend a few gal. of extra fuel, tire plugs , 12v air compressor, or a spare that you can use on any corner. Bring plenty of extra water, you will dehydrate much more than you think at these elevations. Also the mini space blankets wouldn't hurt as they are just 3"x3"x 1/2" folded but can keep the wind and rain at bay in an emergency.

We will be having a catered meal Saturday night at approximately 6:30 PM in Lizzie and Charlie's campgrounds Pavilion.

Any other last minute questions hit me up. I will be at Lizzie and Charlie's in Miners Cabin #2 from Tuesday afternoon on 9/18 through Tuesday morning 9/25.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Well gang, I've hit a string of bad luck health wise. Been having dizzy spells the last several days and went to the doctor and I have something called VERTIGO....was brought on by stress, anxiety and a serious inner ear infection in my right ear. I've had headaches and nausea with this dizzy crap and doctor advised me NOT to make this trip due to the elevation changes out west. NOT sure I could stand being in a airplane either the way I feel now. I've started antibiotics but its pretty bad stuff!! I won't be making this trip unfortunately! I'm sick about it, LITERALLY!!! sorry guys

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well gang, I've hit a string of bad luck health wise. Been having dizzy spells the last several days and went to the doctor and I have something called VERTIGO....was brought on by stress, anxiety and a serious inner ear infection in my right ear. I've had headaches and nausea with this dizzy crap and doctor advised me NOT to make this trip due to the elevation changes out west. NOT sure I could stand being in a airplane either the way I feel now. I've started antibiotics but its pretty bad stuff!! I won't be making this trip unfortunately! I'm sick about it, LITERALLY!!! sorry guys

Sorry to hear about that, have known a handful of people that went through vertigo from the ear infection. Hope you get to feeling better soon, I know how nauseous it can make you even sitting still.

JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500

Feel better brotha !

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!