Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
T

@TimG if you did that, I'd buy the drinks for you and the wife. That would be awesome of you!!!! I'm not a big drinker but I'd offer anything for your consideration!!!

I'll grab a rear atv bag with tie down straps,2 or 3 soft coolers and a few bungee cords for you.
PS. I like beer and turkey club sandwiches.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
My buddy @CaptinJackRZR and two others from Texas are stopping on the way up.
If you are interested PM me your info a

nd I'll get you guys hooked up. Unless you have a FB account.[/QUO

Moab would have to be after the Paiute for me due to wife's vacation days already set up but thanks. I don't have fb.

Moab would have to be after the Paiute for me due to wife's vacation days already set up but thanks. I don't have fb.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody still thinking about going to Moab after the Paiute trial ? I think I might look for a room there a night or two. I'd hate not to ride it being that close.
I'll be around and might be able to suggest a few trails if I'm not. Phenomenal riding there. Just book way in advance because other than winter, Moab is a busy area. Always some type of off road festival going on there. Best time to go IMHO is February. There's an Asian restaurant there and the food is awesome! it's next to the Best Western which is real nice. We stayed there 4 days.
IMG 0282
IMG 4162
IMG 4163
IMG 4164

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I'll be around and might be able to suggest a few trails if I'm not. Phenomenal riding there. Just book way in advance because other than winter, Moab is a busy area. Always some type of off road festival going on there. Best time to go IMHO is February. There's an Asian restaurant there and the food is awesome! it's next to the Best Western which is real nice. We stayed there 4 days.
View attachment 84040 View attachment 84041 View attachment 84042 View attachment 84043

Yeah, it makes it harder too when you need to rent a room or cabin versus finding a camping spot.

Beautiful pics above

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, it makes it harder too when you need to rent a room or cabin versus finding a camping spot.

Beautiful pics above
There's tons of camping around there too but it does fill up fast.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@TimG, I got a room at the Comfort Suites in Moab, the night of the 24th. I wanna check out the Arches park and maybe some offroading. I might be able to rent for 1/2 day or something. I fly home from Denver the 26th

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't go getting all offended but there is a BLM CG called Negro Bill near Moab that the left has been having a tizzy over for some time.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Sorry to be a little off topic for this ride but anybody that has been to Moab before. Can you ride sxs from a motel in town to the trail heads ?

Finally found my answer, looked last night too. YES if they are street legal. Turn signals,horn ect... guess I need to get busy installing some.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to be a little off topic for this ride but anybody that has been to Moab before. Can you ride sxs from a motel in town to the trail heads ?
Only if your machine is street legal and has a license plate. A OHV permit does not count. Also many of the trail heads are far enough away that you would want to trailer it.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
My state doesn't issue a plate for atv's just a sticker to display on each side so I think I'll be fine once I install my turn signals and horn.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and BWAF
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Only if your machine is street legal and has a license plate. A OHV permit does not count. Also many of the trail heads are far enough away that you would want to trailer it.

I was wondering about the distance from town to some of the trail heads. It looks like you could ride a month there and never touch the same trail. I think I'm gonna try to spend a day or two there anyway.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
We trailered from town both times we were there..

That's good to know. I'll just get a room or cabin in Moab for a couple days and then decide on what trails I want to hit and go from there. So much to see so little time and money.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
@TimG, I got a room at the Comfort Suites in Moab, the night of the 24th. I wanna check out the Arches park and maybe some offroading. I might be able to rent for 1/2 day or something. I fly home from Denver the 26th

We aren't leaving Marysvale until Sept. 25. Then I have a hotel in Moab for the Sept. 25 and 26, hoping to get at least one good ride in at Moab. There's a lot to see in the area either by auto or sxs.

J

JTW

We aren't leaving Marysvale until Sept. 25. Then I have a hotel in Moab for the Sept. 25 and 26, hoping to get at least one good ride in at Moab. There's a lot to see in the area either by auto or sxs.
So you can see a lot just by quickly touring the parks in a vehicle.. if you’re trying to get the most from it in a limited time that’s probably the way to go. I was just there 2 months ago and only spent half a day site seeing from the truck as I had the girls with me amd just wanted them to see it as we were on our way home from Yellowstone and the Tetons.

It’s been a looong time since I was there on ATVs but one of the places that stand out the most in my memory was Chicken corners.. if I only had a day to ride that would probably be one of the places I would consider to hit. Also, the La Sal mountains you can see from Moab.. I loved riding up there. But we’ll be riding in the mountains the week before so you may get your fill. I can’t rember all the places but it’s all good!

Best Off Road Driving Trails near Moab, Utah | AllTrails

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
So you can see a lot just by quickly touring the parks in a vehicle.. if you’re trying to get the most from it in a limited time that’s probably the way to go. I was just there 2 months ago and only spent half a day site seeing from the truck as I had the girls with me amd just wanted them to see it as we were on our way home from Yellowstone and the Tetons.

It’s been a looong time since I was there on ATVs but one of the places that stand out the most in my memory was Chicken corners.. if I only had a day to ride that would probably be one of the places I would consider to hit. Also, the La Sal mountains you can see from Moab.. I loved riding up there. But we’ll be riding in the mountains the week before so you may get your fill. I can’t rember all the places but it’s all good!

Best Off Road Driving Trails near Moab, Utah | AllTrails

agreed, I'm gonna try to get the boss to to stay an extra day and night if possible.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!