Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Holy crap that ways 1b8f1ad999c5848f6de17d1a3df97110

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok everyone those who want to stay at the main campground Lizzie and Charlie RV & ATV better get after it. Spoke with Jim today and all Miners cabins are booked weekend of Sept 21-24 these are the only ones with indoor bathrooms.

What is still available?

7- Camping Cabins
18 - RV full hookup spots, half 50A and half 30A
Several primitive camping spots.

If you need a big space for Motorhome and trailer get with them soon only a few 80 ft and 100ft spots left.

I'm booked into Miners Cabin #2 will be arriving Tuesday September 18th and checking out Tuesday the 25th of September. May hit MOAB on way back East on T/W the 25,26th.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking of hitting Moab on the way there after exploring Colorado some more as it'll be that time of the season for the Aspens to change colors and an excellent time to explore more of Colorado. After the Paiute trail ride, I was thinking about leaning north and slipping up into Idaho for some more exploratory trail riding like maybe doing the Magruder Corridor and then visiting with @CumminsPusher up their way....

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
You guys are killing me ! I wanna go !
So I booked a cabin at Rocky Ridge Resort in Marysvale. They had a couple new cabins left with full bathrooms.
My wife and I will check in there on the 20th and leave on the 25th. Jackal, thanks in advance for the invite. Can't wait to meet everybody and ride out west, TimG

advertisement
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@JACKAL does the 50” trail gates allow for any extra width or it’s 50” exactly? I’m guessing I will have to find oem wheels and some radial tires and remove spacers if i was to go?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL does the 50” trail gates allow for any extra width or it’s 50” exactly? I’m guessing I will have to find oem wheels and some radial tires and remove spacers if i was to go?
They are 50" EXACTLY and the posts are solid, aftermarket wheel offsets of 5+2 & 4+3 will be too wide, as well as wheel spacers, even just 1" will make front end too wide.

There are dozens of fence crossings that are a 50" metal ramp up and over, they too are welded solid.

One thing to note, for the main loop there is a bypass to go around, but the BEST trails are the 50" trails.

Last edited:
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
They are 50" EXACTLY and the posts are solid, aftermarket wheel offsets of 5+2 & 4+3 will be too wide, as well as wheel spacers, even just 1" will make front end too wide.

There are dozens of fence crossings that are a 50" metal ramp up and over, they too are welded solid.

On the die note, for the main loop there is a bypass to go around, but the BEST trails are the 50" trails.
Thank you!

Reactions: BWAF and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You guys are killing me ! I wanna go !
So I booked a cabin at Rocky Ridge Resort in Marysvale. They had a couple new cabins left with full bathrooms.
My wife and I will check in there on the 20th and leave on the 25th. Jackal, thanks in advance for the invite. Can't wait to meet everybody and ride out west, TimG
I never heard of this place? The town is only 400 people. Can't believe I missed it, do you have contact info for them?

Reactions: BWAF
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
JACKAL, what width trails were you planning on riding on the group ride ? I'm plenty wide with 5+2 offset STI wheels and 29x11 Bighorns on the rear.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL, what width trails were you planning on riding on the group ride ? I'm plenty wide with 5+2 offset STI wheels and 29x11 Bighorns on the rear.
The vast majority of trails have no official width limit, the steel bridges are only 72" wide so that should not be an issue.

For those that want to hit 50" trails they can just branch off take that route while bigger machines go around, the scenery is awesome everywhere. The wildlife viewing opportunities are better for the P500 trails but the wife and I ran into wildlife everywhere we went. The leaves will be turning in the mountains this time too, should be awesome photo opportunities.

About the trails, these are Nothing like at RRB most is dry desert like environment, replace the mud and ruts with rocks, lots and lots of bowling ball size rocks. These trails are overall very easy but descending switchbacks from 10,000 feet up with 600 foot dropoff can be as intimidating as it is breathtaking. Never in the 3 weeks the wife and I rode there ever come close to tipping over or feel unsafe on the trail system. Most familiar with RRB would consider 80% of these trails gravel roads, I will just put that up front. Most trails are not challenging in any way, there are bathrooms along the trails and marked on the maps too. (Women especially will appreciate that).

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
The vast majority of trails have no official width limit, the steel bridges are only 72" wide so that should not be an issue.

For those that want to hit 50" trails they can just branch off take that route while bigger machines go around, the scenery is awesome everywhere. The wildlife viewing opportunities are better for the P500 trails but the wife and I ran into wildlife everywhere we went. The leaves will be turning in the mountains this time too, should be awesome photo opportunities.

About the trails, these are Nothing like at RRB most is dry desert like environment, replace the mud and ruts with rocks, lots and lots of bowling ball size rocks. These trails are overall very easy but descending switchbacks from 10,000 feet up with 600 foot dropoff can be as intimidating as it is breathtaking. Never in the 3 weeks the wife and I rode there ever come close to tipping over or feel unsafe on the trail system. Most familiar with RRB would consider 80% of these trails gravel roads, I will just put that up front. Most trails are not challenging in any way, there are bathrooms along the trails and marked on the maps too. (Women especially will appreciate that).
Which machine are you bringing to the ride?

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
rockkyridgeresort.com 877-766-0654 I spoke with a real nice lady yesterday to confirm my reservation. She knew the owners of the other place and said they were great people but they have a much newer cabins. I would like to have stayed in the same campground as you guys but we just really wanted a full private bathroom:D This place is 3 blocks fro lizzie and charlies. They only have a few cabins so if anybody wants one I would act quick.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Which machine are you bringing to the ride?
I will bring both the P1K LE & My P500, since I am there all week will try to cover a lot of ground in the P1K to check out POI I didn't get to in 2012.

There is a lot of spots you can average 30 mph easily without beating your self to death, unless you're in a P500 LOL then it more like 15 mph.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I will bring both the P1K LE & My P500, since I am there all week will try to cover a lot of ground in the P1K to check out POI I didn't get to in 2012.

There is a lot of spots you can average 30 mph easily without beating your self to death, unless you're in a P500 LOL then it more like 15 mph.
We will be there all week also. Ready to ride with you and the mrs.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!